Qbasicnews.com
May 12, 2021, 12:01:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: QBW (QB editor for windows) v1.0  (Read 12237 times)
toad

Coding since the 90's

« on: July 08, 2004, 12:41:19 PM »

screenshots:
http://www.realtorassistant.net/bluecastle/screenshots/qbw_04-07-08.jpg
http://www.realtorassistant.net/bluecastle/screenshots/qbw_04-07-08b.jpg
http://www.realtorassistant.net/bluecastle/screenshots/qbw_04-07-08c.jpg

download:
this post edited. please see new version 1.1

tell me what you think:
citiesNeverSleep@hotmail.com

seph
Na_th_an

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 12:09:38 PM »

it doeswnt look half bad... but why would we choose it over notepad and explorer,exe i ask?

earn.
QbGuru

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 01:31:48 PM »

Hya

Hey man that's great!
If you add all those features you listed in readme, I'm going to dump qb ide without even a second thought!!! :wink:

IVA LA QBASIC
eno_on

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 03:02:13 PM »

if it had autoindent it would be quite good....  And a easy way to insert asm functions without having to get the machine code and process the whole mess yourself.  

A few q's:
1. Does it shell the qb compiler?
2. What language?  Xbasic, C++?
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 03:50:23 PM »

:roll:

Obviously if it's a QB editor, it shells QB, and unless it's got some kind of terrificly-ingenious obj-link function or code-to-call-absolute-string function, I do believe the assembly option is out too. And it's obviously for QB, not Xbasic or C++. What it's written in is irrelevant (probably VB, but I don't have any import table viewers on this computer to confirm that), but it obviously runs in Windows and shells to BC and LINK. You don't even have to download it to know these things, they're common fricken sense. :evil:

Nice look though, but perhaps you should focus more on function rather than flash, toad? And a suggestion...if you want to take a quick n dirty way to doing syntax coloring, check out the CodeMax control. I've used it in a number of editor products (an HTML editor, both compiler projects, a script editor for WOS, and other such editors) so I can attest to its abilities and power. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Blitz
I hold this place together

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 04:02:13 PM »

That's nice, got potential. But it needs to be a bit smarter. Try viewing this code to see what i mean. Btw, Courier New is the standard font for coding, and it's not in the font list.

oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 04:43:01 AM »

Some time ago, I discorvered the use of the /Z switch for link.exe, and made a lil proggie in vb around it:

http://qbtk.com/div/qbedit.rar

(for some reason the color coding doesn't work properly when compiled, so if you can try it in vb6)

For those who don't know it, the /Z switch presents errors in a nicely formatted way, so try entering some lines of faulty code in my program, and hit F7 to link, and get the errors. It's sorta like the C/++ IDEs. Also you can click on the error to jump to the line where it occoured.

I think by using this switch the argument that qb error handling can't be done in windows editors got less strong...

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 05:40:58 AM »

Don't tell me there's no interest in this...

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 07:21:15 AM »

I dont really care for the IDE. I would prefer notepad for writing my qb programs and command line to compile them. But I would like someone to make a QB compiler for windows(*hint**cough*Ado*hint**cough*)
Frenkel

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 09:46:57 AM »

I can't open a file saved in the QuickBasic format Sad.

roeten van Frenkel
Visit us at The Official S&F PROD. Homepage
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 11:31:46 AM »

Quote from: "TheBigBasicQ"
But I would like someone to make a QB compiler for windows(*hint**cough*Ado*hint**cough*)

Still working on it. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 12:07:06 PM »

Quote from: "Frenkel"

Umm...which version of qb are you using (1.1/4.5/7.1)? If you try opening a file saved in qb7.1's format wont open in qb4.5. They are incompatible.

Try opening the file in it's native qb version and then save it in text format. You will be then able to open it the other version of qb.

@adosorken: when can we see something working? :bounce:
HQSneaker
Wandering Guru

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 12:21:58 PM »

Quote from: "TheBigBasicQ"
Quote from: "Frenkel"

Umm...which version of qb are you using (1.1/4.5/7.1)? If you try opening a file saved in qb7.1's format wont open in qb4.5. They are incompatible.

Try opening the file in it's native qb version and then save it in text format. You will be then able to open it the other version of qb.

Umm...I think he meant he can't open such files with the Windows editor...
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2004, 12:26:27 PM »

Well, he should've mentioned that! :Huh: Files saved in QB format are stored as binary files. So windows editors such as notepad cant display them correctly.
HQSneaker
Wandering Guru

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2004, 01:09:15 PM »

Unless you save them with the "readable file-option" or something like that
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: