Qbasicnews.com
March 28, 2020, 10:52:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: NIRVANA  (Read 13303 times)
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 05:24:15 PM »

the new metallica is easy to puke by as well...... :evil:

Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 07:36:43 PM »

:lol:

You got that right.
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 08:37:18 PM »

SAAAAIIIIIYAYAIIAIINT AAAANGGAAAAAAAAAH
...I think that horse died ages ago. :lol:
SBM Productions

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2005, 05:59:50 AM »

One thing I know for sure, currently one of the best bands around now is Gorillaz. There's successful fusion right there..Anyone else a Gorillaz fan? I saw a live video of them once...it was amazing...

am part of the legion of n00b. We are numerous if dumb. We will enslave you all!
Anonymous
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2005, 06:26:53 AM »

gorillaz is old, and no offense, but they seem quite ...er, done ;P

just 2 days ago i heard nirvana 'smells like teen spirit' on the radio as i was going to this lil.. gathering of people.. and i still put up the \m/ sign and headbanged like fu** to it Cheesy more like body banged (that sounds weird Shocked)
SBM Productions

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2005, 07:13:10 AM »

quite done? enlighten me Cha0s...

am part of the legion of n00b. We are numerous if dumb. We will enslave you all!
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005, 07:44:01 AM »

Quote from: "Cha0s"
just 2 days ago i heard nirvana 'smells like teen spirit' on the radio as i was going to this lil.. gathering of people.. and i still put up the \m/ sign and headbanged like fu** to it Cheesy more like body banged (that sounds weird Shocked)

Pff. Headbanging to Nirvana... tsk. Tsk, tsk tsk. Shame. :-?

...Alright fine, I'll stop the Nirvana bashing Wink

On a more serious note, I haven't heard much stuff from Gorrilaz, but what I have heard didn't seem all that special. Maybe that's what Cha0s meant by 'done'.
SBM Productions

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2005, 08:11:40 AM »

Considering currently music favours horrible hip hop music, emo punk and tart pop(what happened to 80s pop??) Gorillaz sounds alot different. Granted they're not really bringing anything new to the table, but I still love them to death. Their videos really tip the scales against other artists... as usual IMHO

jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2005, 08:16:52 PM »

Hmm, haven't seen any of their videos. Most of the stuff I heard just didn't really pull me in, to be honest. Just not really my thing I guess. Tongue
Oh, also... I just noticed that "best band ever" has suddenly disappeared from this topic title... :wink:
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2005, 01:21:12 AM »

the gorillaz, thats chill music right there.  Me and the guys sometimes have Feel good inc. playing in the background of whatever we're doing; wether it's playin cards or watching tv.  yeah, thats right, we don't watch tv with sound anymore.  only subtitles, it's an entirely different experience, kinda like reading a book but with a picture for every word =P  however i wouldn't call the Gorillaz the best band ever, sure they are good, but you can't really define any single band as the "best ever".

also, I just got back from a Static-X concert the other day, now THAT is head bangin stuff (pffft, even the thought of nirvana being metal makes me colder.)

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Radical Raccoon
I hold this place together

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2005, 01:52:19 AM »

Gorillaz sucks.

Anonymous
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2005, 01:55:21 AM »

okay, if nirvana sux so much then make a new song , like rock, or whatever you choose, that is different from anything else before, and make it so good that millions of people love it. then you can really say they suck

and i didnt say gorillaz suck, i only said theyre done, they seemed like kind of a one hit wonder. and they had their hit so... theyre done :P
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2005, 03:45:11 AM »

okay, if nirvana sux so much then make a new song , like rock, or whatever you choose, that is different from anything else before, and make it so good that millions of people love it. then you can really say they suck

Well yes, I can say they suck. Know why? Because to me, they do. Tongue Sure lots of people like them. I'm not going to go on a crusade to stop them listening to it or anything, I just don't like the music. (eg. it sucks in my opinion Wink) Doesn't sound 'new' or 'different' to me either, just rather simplified rock/pop-punk with APPARENT 'metal influences' but personally I don't really hear many. That's kinda what grunge is to me, just... simplified and frankly somewhat boring. (I'd comment on the vocals in general but not ALL grunge is too 'whiny' or whatever term I might use Tongue )

Also, I usually don't judge the extent of the fanbase as indication of a band's worth. For example I love quite a few bands you probably haven't ever heard of, and there is a LOT of terrible mainstream music out there-- not to say it ALL sucks, but to me a whole lot of it is pretty bad.

Anyway, no grudge or anything. That's just why I think Nirvana sucks. :wink:
Anonymous
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005, 06:26:38 AM »

Quote from: "Cobain"
what else can i say?

everyone is gay
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2005, 02:44:27 PM »

Quote from: "Cobain"
what else can i say?

everyone is gay

:lol:
Chill out (funny, coming from me)-- I never said "nirvana sucks", I said "In my opinion, nirvana sucks" because I personally do not like the music.

I like (band #1), you do not! You're gay dude! Your taste in music sucks!

No, all I'm saying is I personally don't like (band #1), I personally prefer (band #2).

Well, all I can say is that (quote from famous musician belonging to band #1 about how much people suck)

Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: