Qbasicnews.com
March 23, 2019, 02:17:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You should open it up to unregistered users  (Read 6378 times)
torstum

« on: January 03, 2007, 09:15:25 PM »

Hey, this is a great site, I've learned a lot here, and the community is very helpful indeed.

My only complaint is that , in my opinion, you should let unregistered users check out the forum's contents. I'm betting that a lot of would-be posters just go elsewhere because of this. It's just a guess though. Keep up the good work.
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 10:06:12 PM »

Ya, we should. It was done originally because some search bots where eating the bandwidth out of us, but since we've taken other meassurs aswell to cover us from that, there should be no problem in reopening for guests.

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 11:43:13 AM »

Quote from: "torstum"
I'm betting that a lot of would-be posters just go elsewhere because of this.

Yeah. Including spam bots like the ones that have been plaguing QBNZ.

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »

I think he means open for viewing. Atm guests can't even see the forums, iirc.

Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:57:08 PM »

Then why would he say "would be posters"?

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
torstum

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 05:38:33 PM »

Yes, I meant open for viewing, but if a person can't see the quality of the forum, it's even more unlikely that such an individual would take measures (registering) to become a full-fledged poster. I can tell you that I originally registered simply because the site was reputed to be the most active; the first gut feeling I had when I encountered the forum was something along the lines of: "shit, this crap doesn't even become visible to unregistered users, I'm outta...", but fortunately I decided otherwise.
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 06:38:50 PM »

The forums should be viewable and readable for guests now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: