Qbasicnews.com
April 26, 2018, 09:49:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Use urger's mediawiki for this?  (Voting closed: May 18, 2005, 04:28:37 PM)
Yes - 12 (85.7%)
No - 2 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: DOCUMENTATION REVOTE  (Read 34342 times)
rdc

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2005, 06:16:39 PM »

Quote from: "v3cz0r"
Mozilla is a bitch, down with open-source software!

lol.

aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2005, 06:21:40 PM »

Yeah, the irony in that one slapped me in the face.  Good to see you've still got a sense of humour, v1c, after basically slaving over fb.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
v3cz0r
I hold this place together

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2005, 06:22:49 PM »

Okay, seems like the shift key was not been returned or something - SHIFT+F# doesn't work, silly me.

It's now CTRL+F#, reload the edit page again and it should be working now, no key hits will be skipped in Mozilla.

IE will open that stupid address list when CTRL+F4 is pressed though..

dumbledore
Ancient Guru

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2005, 07:46:56 PM »

the wiki isn't valid xhtml 1.0 transitional as it claims... either remove the link or make it so Tongue

ttp://m0n573r.afraid.org/
Quote from: "HexDude"
quote: "<+whtiger> you... you don't know which way the earth spins?" ... see... stupidity leads to reverence, reverence to shakiness, shakiness to... the dark side
...phear
Jofers
Been there, done that

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2005, 07:50:39 PM »

It should pass html 4.0... Not much doesn't.

EDIT:
It's all working in Firefox .8.  And Opera supports level 1 dom stuff like onevents pretty well, I don't think that's it.
v3cz0r

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2005, 09:39:14 PM »

Not the wiki's fault, try again..

I think it doesn't support Opera, i only found checks for IE and MZ in the javascript code, dunno. Less than 0.5% of all visitors used Opera anyways..

dumbledore
Ancient Guru

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2005, 01:05:25 AM »

the sample styles page doesn't validate as either, it's missing some </stuff> tags a couple times
http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=stylesample
probably a parser problem

ttp://m0n573r.afraid.org/
Quote from: "HexDude"
quote: "<+whtiger> you... you don't know which way the earth spins?" ... see... stupidity leads to reverence, reverence to shakiness, shakiness to... the dark side
...phear
v3cz0r

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2005, 03:17:51 AM »

All keywords from Nex's doc added.

I'm using Jofer's TOC, so each section will have to be edited by hand, use http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=KeywordsList/edit as base, see the Mathematical Functions section. The category names are all messed up, some had no name so FUNCTION or such was used.

All examples have to be re-edited, they are in the Descriptor section because it wasn't simple to extract them from the html page.

The syntax section of functions and statements got to be changed too, it should follow the DECLARE syntax, including overloading when necessary (see ABS() for an example).

I'm realla tired now.. 8 hours of PHP hacking hurts..

Anonymous
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2005, 07:20:52 AM »

i hate to sound dumb, but at least im being honest <.< ive never really worked with a wiki b4, you guys are talking about tags and formatting and its really new to me(i.e. im like wtf?). i signed up, and i see that there are blank prototypes for commands.... can i start filling them in..?
keeling
Forum Regular

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2005, 09:04:21 AM »

For the most part, yes.

What I would do if I were you is look at a page that already has a little bit filled out, the math function ABS for example, and follow its example. The way you 'look' at the page is to click edit page (found at the bottom of the screen). This will give you the 'source code' for the page per se.

Until we started talking about this, I had never worked on a wiki before either. I'd used them but never created. So don't worry, you're not alone. It is actaully rather easy, it just takes a couple of moments to get used to doing things the ''Wiki'' way.

Perhaps one of the things that could be added to the Wiki is a tutorial for newbies on how to add to the Wiki.
Anonymous
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2005, 09:09:25 AM »

Quote from: "keeling"
Perhaps one of the things that could be added to the Wiki is a tutorial for newbies on how to add to the Wiki.

yes i totalllly agree not everyone out there knows about this stuff!
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2005, 09:22:50 AM »

Read the Naming and Writing conventions.  I still have to add little bits, but for the most part they are done for Tutorials.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Anonymous
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2005, 10:55:48 AM »

i feel comfortable adding what i know to whats there, but im still not sure how to actually add a completely new command page that isnt there yet... any help in this area would be appreciated (or you could just make the shell and ill fill it in ;) )
urger
Wandering Guru

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2005, 11:09:55 AM »

Use this URL :
http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=
After the equal sign include the name of the page you want to create, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Make certain the name of the file you are creating (ie the name after the equal sign) complies with the Naming Conventions

his sig left intentionally blank
Anonymous
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2005, 11:17:32 AM »

hey thanks!

edit: i see its clear about tut... from what i see the keywords should start with "Key" then they say "Pg" is this only because of the double capitals needed for wiki??

if i was to for instance make a page on CALLOCATE should i name it

http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=KeyPgCallocate

? sorry if i sound no0bish ;p
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: