Qbasicnews.com
December 03, 2021, 12:31:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The return of my Original Artworks section has now arrived!!  (Read 11606 times)
moochthemonkey
I hold this place together

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 11:26:43 PM »

Wow, those were awesome. I wish I could draw.

quote="na_th_an"]
Greenday, Spice Girls... Can you tell the difference?
[/quote]
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2005, 10:26:07 AM »

Quote from: "moochthemonkey"

Where there is a will,. there is a way..  :wink: .. And besides, all a drawing is a bunch of lines created via pincel or Mouse (Comp).. So as practice: Start, draw striate lines, then curves, circles, ect... then study other drawings to see how each element goes to the different effects.. Experimentation is also good for learning..  :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 12:27:41 PM »

The site is slow because it's made with freakin word.
And the images are huge..
And it uses half a million "fancy" scripts..

~25kb
http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/origarts/aaporig_col003.gif

~600kb
http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/origarts/images/aaporig_col003_full.png

There are 21 thumbnails, if we count ~20kb/thumb, we get: 420kb

Take all the above, and add a crappy low bandwidth server..

And disabling rightclick?.. come on.. "View source" anyone?..
Not to mention I could still rightclick in FireFox...

AAP, learn PHP, make a proper site.. or even learn HTML.. whatever you do, STOP USING WORD FOR MAKING YOUR SITE!
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 02:05:29 PM »

Disabling right click is basically a way for people who discovered JavaScript to pretend like they are special and to give them a false sense of security when it comes to their "precious" artwork.

1)  Not to burst your bubble AAP, but you're art ain't good enough that people are going to want to steal it.
   2) It is so easy to 'steal' your art in 10 different ways it's not even funny.
   3) Your artwork is so highly unoptimized I doubt anyone is going to sit around waiting for it to load so they can steal it anyway.

Sadly, Z!re was not joking, you do actually use Microsoft Word to make the websites.  If you are going to resort to that, I'd recommend at least FrontPage or Dreamweaver...at least they produce better code than Microsoft Word.

You've also used IE specific styles - a BIG no-no in the world of proper web design.  Probably the fault of Word, which in reality is your fault for using...Word...to make a website.

I suggest you Google for real HTML tutorials, and take the time to learn them.  Better yet, ask someone who knows how to do it if they will do it for you.  However, I highly doubt that someone is interested in writing code for a site that is so full of self-righteous propaganda...

As for the artwork - some of it is better than I expected - I personally dislike the ones that are clearly scanned from hand-drawings and ones that are coloured by hand.

This piece amused me: http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/origarts/col012.html
The description was downright hilarious for a perspective skewed texture that does a poor job of looking like "luxurious purple water, its huge and massive body a gooey consistency not unlike that of soft and warm creamy mud."

Have you ever heard of Bryce?

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 02:28:19 PM »

Quote from: "Z!re"
And disabling rightclick?.. come on.. "View source" anyone?..

My IE browser can veiw source w/o right click. On mine 2 ways. "Veiw>Source" from menu.. and "Edit>FrontPage" Or "Edit>NotePad"... course that 1 doesn't aways work, it doesn't in this Poster thing, but it does on many other sites I've been on..  :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2005, 02:30:24 PM »

That was sort of my point you know...

Why disable rightclick when people can still just do a "View Source" and get all the info they would ever want.
MystikShadows
Ancient Guru

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2005, 02:33:28 PM »

or make available offline....and pics get download in a very efficient way lol

hen they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me ;-).

need hosting:  http://www.jc-hosting.net
All about ASCII: http://www.ascii-world.com
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 03:51:42 PM »

To AetherFox and Z!re:

I gotta confess something in this post, so listen up.  Smiley !

In the past, ever since the birth of the AAP Official Homepage, yes, I have originally created webpages using MS Word ( Sad ), but then I had to change some HTML code.  And AetherFox, I gotta be real dead-on honest with you here: now that you told me that using Word is *very* quite tedious and then some for the structure of HTML pages and I did not even know that up to now I will tell you what Im gonna do:

1   I am gonna re-arrange and re-work on the HTML pages on my entire artworks section to no longer involve any MS-Word-based specifics at all.  Cheesy

2   Next, I can optimize (and even reduce the size of, too!) the artworks viewed on my page to get rid of having to wait longer and longer for that pic to come up.

3   I can even ALLOW the downloads of my arts to be placed on my site, too (and *not* just for a limited time only either!).  :cool:
    [/list]

AetherFox, as you just pointed out to me, even my kind of security on the artworks section has some gaping holes, even when I disabled right-clicking, too.  And Z!re, I must dare admit that you are no doubt correct about the difference between the file size of both the .GIFs and the .PNGs.  I am gonna take this into consideration on the changes that I am gonna do, so you hang on and see!  Cheesy

Going back to you, AetherFox: as for Bryce, yes, I have heard of that product, and yes, it also is some TRULY awesome stuff for making 3D graphics and all that jazz.  I cannot afford it at this time, however, as it is some very, very expensive software there.  Sad  If you can, could you please show me some freeware-only alternatives for Bryce so that I can learn to do my computer artworks better?  Thanks a lot, as any help on this is no less than appreciated, man!!  Wink=b !

AetherFox and Z!re, thank you both so much really honestly with all of my heart ( :king: ) for your concern, as you *do* want me to make better webpages and stuff, and I can understand that.  See you two fine folks later.

GETTING READY TO CHANGE SOME THINGS TODAY,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
    One of the Founders of Aura Flow ::: Continuing Developer of Frantic Journey
    Current Developer of Star Angelic Slugger ::: Webmaster of the AAP Official Projects Squad
    Original Creator of the The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][/url]
    Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
    moochthemonkey
    I hold this place together

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 03:56:33 PM »

Quote from: "Rattrapmax6"
    Quote from: "moochthemonkey"

Where there is a will,. there is a way..  :wink: .. And besides, all a drawing is a bunch of lines created via pincel or Mouse (Comp).. So as practice: Start, draw striate lines, then curves, circles, ect... then study other drawings to see how each element goes to the different effects.. Experimentation is also good for learning..  :wink:

thanks for that:)

quote="na_th_an"]
    Greenday, Spice Girls... Can you tell the difference?
    [/quote]
    Z!re
    */-\*

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 03:57:27 PM »

I didnt make any point about PNGs or GIFs

You save your images with too many colors, making them take up more space than needed.

Quote from: "Adigun A. Polack"
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try to do as you have suggessted
    Spotted Cheetah
    Ancient QBer

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 07:26:40 PM »

Try Gimp. I wondered first how good it was at image optimizing. For JPG usually 80% quality + 20% smoothness turns out well (For others: usually smoothness=100-quality). For PNG/GIF with a good dithering algorithm usually 64 colors is enough for almost anything, but this varies. Some images look good even with just 16 colors while some others can be ruined with even 256 colors (so make JPG instead...). My usual 120*90 thumbnalis are never larger than 2-4Kb.

Word + HTML: better to throw that mess off the window  Cheesy

fter 60 million years a civilization will search for a meteorite destroying most of the living creatures around this age...

There must be a better future for the Cheetahs!

http://rcs.fateback.com/
    Adigun A. Polack
    Ancient Guru

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 07:47:21 PM »

To Z!re again:

Hey, thats right!!  ( Shocked )  Wow, I once might have noticed a BIG difference in the reduction of file sizes myself, whereas a picture with smaller colors indeed will obviously amount to a smaller file size versus the very same picture with larger amounts of colors that will result to a huge chunk of file size, even if they are the same *exact* physical size.  Im a take your advice here into serious consideration, Z!re.  Mark my words.  Cheesy

And let us not forget: very excellently said from you, by the way!!  :cool:=b

And also to you, Spotted Cheetah:

I have not even tried the GIMP yet, but I promise you that it will be worth a shot on the image optimizing thing you just talked about.  And, I *strongly* agree with both you and Z!re on that.  I am gonna take your advice into serious consideration as well.  (^_-)//

I wanna thank you both tonight for such a wonderful time, Z!re and Spotted Cheetah, and you two enjoy this brand-new week now as I get started!!  Cheesy !

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
    One of the Founders of Aura Flow ::: Continuing Developer of Frantic Journey
    Current Developer of Star Angelic Slugger ::: Webmaster of the AAP Official Projects Squad
    Original Creator of the The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][/url]
    Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
    Z!re
    */-\*

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 07:48:37 PM »

You're welcome.
    aetherfox
    Been there, done that

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 05:13:02 AM »

My point was that Bryce produces what you were trying to make in that picture infintely more realistically in a shorter time.

Try POV-Ray...it's free.

GIMPShop rocks, it's basically a version of GIMP that is recompiled with the Photoshop interface - brilliant idea.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
    avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
    Pages: 1 [2]
      Print  

Jump to: