Qbasicnews.com
May 26, 2018, 02:41:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: V Planet news  (Read 11077 times)
adosorken
*/-\*

« on: May 01, 2005, 11:22:32 PM »

I had planned to have the new V Planet up about two weeks ago. Because of lack of time plus some file corruption (FAT32 going nuts over mass file deletion), I was unable to put up the finished new site. The immediate future doesn't look so promising either, especially since I would have to start over at the 25% completed point. So getting straight to the heart of the issue...I'm resigning my position as V Planet editor to whoever wants the job. Whoever takes on this responsibility needs to have the kind of time I did not have to maintain the site as well as develop a new PHP-based version of the site. You will also have to take on an entirely new staff, as every member of the old staff is now basically vapour with the exception of Jofers. I will give you the domain and will allow the site to be hosted on our server for as long as you wish. Anyone interested in this offer, please email me at the soonest possible time at dave@nodtveidt.net so I can transfer control of the site to whoever is most fit for the job. I'm only looking for someone with a lot of available time and a love of the scene, PHP and QB/FB coding, and a good sense of style when it comes to designing websites.

With this done, my last responsibility to the Qmunity is complete. I will be taking my permanent leave. I grew sick and tired of all the infighting ages ago, the only thing keeping me here has been my responsibilities to the legacy of V Planet. Since I can no longer do this, I have nothing else to offer the Qmunity.

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
whitetiger0990
__/--\__

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 11:31:58 PM »

Quote from: "adosorken"
With this done, my last responsibility to the Qmunity is complete. I will be taking my permanent leave. I grew sick and tired of all the infighting ages ago, the only thing keeping me here has been my responsibilities to the legacy of V Planet. Since I can no longer do this, I have nothing else to offer the Qmunity.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo*breathes*oooooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't leeeeave!

Meh I doubt I can stop j00..... bai....best of luck with whatever is next in your life. Good luck with your baby.

(someone please tell me he isn't leaving....)

[size=10]Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.[/size]
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 01:13:49 AM »

:/
Radical Raccoon
I hold this place together

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 02:24:49 AM »

You'll be back.

TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 05:25:00 AM »

...With this done, my last responsibility to the Qmunity is complete. I will be taking my permanent leave. I grew sick and tired of all the infighting ages ago, the only thing keeping me here has been my responsibilities to the legacy of V Planet. Since I can no longer do this, I have nothing else to offer the Qmunity.

rotflmao...this has become too common... :rotfl:
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 05:51:06 AM »

I dunno... You guys may be taking it for granted too much. :wink:
VonGodric
Ancient Guru

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 06:07:39 AM »

Ado - go enjoy life, have a rest, collect ideas and get inspiration and then come back.  :wink:

url]http://fbide.sourceforge.net/[/url]
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 08:57:26 AM »

Bye Nek, Nice knowing ya. Good luck with Rhia + Baby  Smiley
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 11:09:20 AM »

Nek isn't coming back. He has other projects and plans in the works, plus taking care of me and the baby. He's tried his best to set up vplanet, but doing it by himself was proving to be too stressful. Hopefully the next editor will be able to revive Vplanet.

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
Radical Raccoon
I hold this place together

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 02:06:07 PM »

Quote from: "Rhiannon"
Nek isn't coming back. He has other projects and plans in the works, plus taking care of me and the baby. He's tried his best to set up vplanet, but doing it by himself was proving to be too stressful. Hopefully the next editor will be able to revive Vplanet.

Aren't you forgetting that Qbasic News could just be a click away? It's tempting to go back and check out the forums.

Anyways, what's with this going away thing? Where are you actually going to go to? A different internet? I can understand not being active anymore, but completely disappearing seems a practical impossibility unless you cut your internet connection for the rest of your life.

jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 02:32:52 PM »

Quote from: "Radical Raccoon"

Aren't you forgetting that Qbasic News could just be a click away? It's tempting to go back and check out the forums.

Anyways, what's with this going away thing? Where are you actually going to go to? A different internet? I can understand not being active anymore, but completely disappearing seems a practical impossibility unless you cut your internet connection for the rest of your life.

Huh, funny, I've managed to leave several boards and never go back. It's not impossible. :roll:
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 09:02:55 PM »

also... i guess FIDO is officially killed now?  Sad
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 10:23:49 PM »

Quote from: "dark_prevail"

FIDO's been dead ages ago.

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 11:42:47 PM »

That's a pity.  FIDO and FBXL have been some of my more anticipated programs.  I definately would of made use of FBXL, and would of tried to turn our computer science class towards it.  Maybe try to force Nek to put up the sources to both programs since he's not coming back Rhiannon?  I'm sure someone would like to adopt them as their projects.

Jumping Jahoolipers!
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 11:09:03 AM »

Quote from: "dark_prevail"

FIDO's been dead ages ago.

Ack... I dont keep up on news as much as I should.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: