Qbasicnews.com
October 18, 2019, 10:14:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got my scanner going, here is some of my art! ^_^  (Read 5094 times)
Spotted Cheetah
Ancient QBer

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2005, 07:38:05 PM »

Animals dont really run/jump like that

Any comment for the RC logo?

I would really like to know if the movement looks silly because of anything. This is the fourth logo... It was hand - drawn using Deluxe Paint II (DOS) including the text too. It is not a built in font. It uses three colors: transparent, EGA yellow and EGA brown.

I dig up that first Cheetah - drawing i made more than three years before when i could use some scanner being just before falling in pieces (I could not scan any more of my drawings since that):

(I thought that inserting images here is something much more difficult. This was the first time i did it)

fter 60 million years a civilization will search for a meteorite destroying most of the living creatures around this age...

There must be a better future for the Cheetahs!

http://rcs.fateback.com/
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 02:30:33 AM »

For the first image, I suggest you take a look at this:
http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/animal/a6/MKramer-cheetah_running.jpg

Thats how a cheetah looks like when its running at full speed.

The second image is ok but you need to get the proportions right. The legs, head, belly, butt dont look right. I suggest you look at stills of a cheetah and try drawing using those images. Once you've mastered the proportions, you can draw it in any kind of movement =P
Spotted Cheetah
Ancient QBer

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 04:05:29 AM »

Thanks for the pic, it is great! Smiley Although i have an abundance of Cheetah pictures, i had none useful what showed her running. So there will be a fiveth logo :-?

I told all of you that the drawing is more than 3 years old: i could get to a scanner only then. Since that i created some much betters, but i could not find any way to "show" them to the computer. I think now i know their bone system very well, but how the muscles are attached to it is not clean. From that abundande of pictures there are less than five on what i can see their muscles well, but four of them shows the Cheetah sitting, and one lying so they have not got too much use (they have, but some other pictures would not hurt. Or a real Cheetah, some time, and a camera, but that first i do not know when will be "available". In Hungary there are no Cheetahs kept in zoos, i would have to go abroad, travel at least 400Km or more to see one, what would be expensive, or so tiring that i would just fall inside the cage sleeping :-?. Not to mention that poor zoo animals are sometimes so depressed that they can not show up anything about how they should look in the reality Sad ).

fter 60 million years a civilization will search for a meteorite destroying most of the living creatures around this age...

TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 12:57:55 PM »

Thats for sure. You have to observe them in their natural habitat...
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 05:15:25 PM »

^_^ Those are pretty cool Chetah.. :wink:

Yeah, once you get the proportions at all angles, to add to it, you can get the disiered effect you want in diff stances. (e.i. car from front looks diff from the back.. Cool )

:roll: Hmm, mayb I should display a car I've done.... ^_^ I'm really good at that.. :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Spotted Cheetah
Ancient QBer

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 07:37:12 PM »

Hope the thing gets updated soon... That 1Mb crawls up so slowly that i am falling asleep during it  :-?  (Look at the logo above)

Originally i did it without looking at any picture, now i forgot to take the image you gave with me, but i studied my best sitting Cheetah picture, and one extremely poor quality running one, and combined the new logo from them. I think my fault mostly was that i tried to modell that poor Cheetah based a little on a human muscular system what absolutely not fits to that wonderful creature. So now i hope it looks more like a Cheetah should look  :-?

With real drawings i always do them absolutely from my mind without seeing any Cheetah pictures (since i have not really got any). That one 3 years ago was done that way too.

Rattrapmax6: I think you shoud not compare a living moving animal to an absolutely still shape like a car. It is the most important difference that the animal not "keeps" it's shape: if somebody wants to draw them well, then (s)he has to know how they move, and how their body behaves. A car is "just" a complex shape what can be relatively easily moved and rotated around in the brain, and not really needs anything more.

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 08:55:18 PM »

O_o I was just saying, not comparing.... ^_^ Oh, just so ya know, a car takes diff stances to each situation,. not as complex as a animal,. but there are factors there also to get the right effect.. :wink: .. for the image you want....

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Spotted Cheetah
Ancient QBer

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005, 07:43:04 PM »

It really can be true. For example chrome is something what not exists at animals. The thing what made me a little angry is that i have not got really good relations to cars when i am riding my bike (I have no driving license. If i would be able to translate why, you would laugh  Smiley , but to my relief i think i never will be able), not to mention what is happening in Hungary, especially in the capitol.

Back to the subject: you opened the topic, post it, if you wish. If not me, others might like it. Of course if it was a solar vehicle, my thought would be different Smiley

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 09:35:55 AM »

Not so easy.. Since I fully intend to become a automotive designer, what ever I put here (unless under copyrights, and probaly a boat load of other legal stuff) would jeperdize me ever using that disign profesionaly, expesialy if it was a keep it quite concept, I could never use it.. You wouldn't beleive the stuff companies do to keep other companies from snatching the design...

(e.i. They plaster parts of the car with think, black tape like stuff called camo... Black is really good for hiding shapes, even when you paint the car black..) Also if you want a car that shows off its shape, don't get it in black.. :wink:

I've been trying to design one just 4 here to display.. but I can't rightly think of any..  Sad  :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: