Qbasicnews.com
May 19, 2019, 06:18:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: a random sword i made  (Read 7890 times)
TheDarkJay
I hold this place together

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 12:34:42 PM »

And i'm just a weakling, i would lose in hand-to-hand, and in sword, though i could proboably snipe both of you before you even saw the other one fall (if i had a gun).

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 01:14:14 PM »

Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
TheDarkJay

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 01:41:07 PM »

yep, and mine would be that i am good with a gun, crap at close range/melee

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Ancient Guru

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2005, 12:46:44 PM »

Let's see. I never studied the art of swords. But hear a lot from people I know.

This was my training:
The pointy end goes into the other person.
The handle end you hold, or club people with.
The long end you block with, and cut people with (but not the dull side if there is one)

Did I get that right?  :bounce:

A gun eh? hmmm where did I put those explosives.... :normal:  Smiley  Cheesy  :lol: :twisted: muhahahaha

...oh ya, that's right... Shocked ...BOOM!

i]"But...it was so beautifully done"[/i]
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2005, 02:01:42 PM »

Quote from: "Mitth'raw'nuruodo"
A gun eh? hmmm where did I put those explosives.... :normal:  Smiley  Cheesy  :lol: :twisted: muhahahaha

...oh ya, that's right... Shocked ...BOOM!

One there is no Twisted tag here,. and your suppose to trow the TNT after lighting it.. :wink: ..

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2005, 09:14:07 PM »

Quote from: "adosorken"

I studied a bit of kenjitsu in my younger years...can't say I'm an expert or anything but give a normal person a sword and me a sword and my bet is that they're gonna lose...badly. Cheesy

i'm just a lowly blacksmith. Wink

Jumping Jahoolipers!
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2005, 09:33:03 PM »

Quote from: "barok"
i'm just a lowly blacksmith. Wink

Well, at least you're a upgraded blacksmith, you do it with computers Cheesy .. Now just think if they had that years ago, make 1, then Copy/paste, he he,. presto-arsinal of swords.. :rotfl:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 10:23:48 PM »

heh yeah...

*do you have this type of sword?
me: yes i do!
*but you only have one.. i need alot for an army...
me:*fiddle with computer* i have alot now!

Jumping Jahoolipers!
TheDarkJay

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2005, 06:21:22 AM »

Hehehe, a man walks into a sword shop and looks at the stock list,
Man: hello, can i have 10 of these, 3 of these and 10 of these,and 1 of these

Shop Keeper: Of couse.

the shop keeper walks over to a computer and prints off 10 katanas, 3 steel broadswords, 10 Dai-Katanas and 1 steel dagger and gives them to the man.

Man: Um, what do i do with these

Shop Keeper: They are what you asked for, aren't they

Man: They are print outs of the swords i wanted

Shop Keeper: Yep, they are what you asked for, see (gets out magnifying glass and holds it over small line on the stock list, it says "We only supply print outs of swords") know, how will we be paying for these, it is 1000 for all of them

Man: .... Shocked  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Punk Krash

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2005, 01:51:17 PM »

Before i go off topic... Nice sword man i wish that i could draw like that.

Also Vorpal to my knowledge just means "Very sharp" or "Deadly" so in that respect ANY sword is Vorpal

OFF TOPIC

Self defense against someone who is armed is always deadly

If you have 20 years of martial arts training an Untrained person with a sword could kill you.

My Sifu told me once that the "Greatest Adversary is someone with NO training".

Training can create habits you can predict if you know what to look for in body language, attack combinations, Stances and so on. My style (Wing-Chun) focuses on exploiting weakness and predicting opponents moves

Being unpredictable is key to winning... and sorry to say it but most formally trained fighters HAVE this, you dont becoem a good fighter by throwing 1000 Punches a day and practicing KATA's, sure it helps alot and may win you alot of fights... .but a guy that fights everyday could beat someone that sits in a Tae-Kwon-Do dojo 3 times a week and thinks hes Bruce Lee

YOu become a good fighter by FIGHTING (not sparring)
I have had to fight all my life and that has made me more of a fighter than my 13 years of Kung-Fu

Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic."
My waste of space
TheDarkJay

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2005, 02:03:41 PM »

Quote from: "Punk Krash"
If you have 20 years of martial arts training an Untrained person with a sword could kill you.

a trained person could unarm and kill a armed person in 3 moves as long as they are skilled enough..

move one: when the slash get your hand under the slash so you can block it by the flat side

Move two: Knock it away through the flat side

move 3: a good karate chop to the throat can kill

people used to train themselves to be able to fight an armed swordsman with there hands.

Punk Krash

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »

Quote from: "TheDarkJay"
Quote from: "Punk Krash"

a trained person could unarm and kill a armed person in 3 moves as long as they are skilled enough..

move one: when the slash get your hand under the slash so you can block it by the flat side

Move two: Knock it away through the flat side

move 3: a good karate chop to the throat can kill

people used to train themselves to be able to fight an armed swordsman with there hands.

thats an Ideal situation, sure 99% of the time the trained person will win.. but NOTHING is 100%

What if the attacker freaks out cause he notices you know what yoru doing and tilts the blade into your hand  throwing the center of balance in his favor... the blade would slide over your hand and POW blade in the face.

Dont lean totally on training to win... experience is what counts. Fighting is not exact and perfect everytime.. You have to learn to compensate for the opponents Skill or lack there of. Kung Fu taught me this and it makes alot of sense if you think about it

I have an easier time sparring with highly trained fighters rather than New ones... they are raw and random and can teach you alot

Knowledge unapplied is Knowledge wasted.

Like programming I KNOW how to program a 3d shooter in theory but i have never actually DONE it so i doubt i could ACTUALLY do it.

Ill comment no more on this... i could talk to days on the Logictics of Martial Combat

Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic."
My waste of space
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2005, 02:53:34 PM »

I used to be a 1st level Brown Belt Karate student when I gave it up.

Thankfully, I've only had to use what I learnt once, and it was fucking scary.  There are so many factors that could lean the fight in anyones favor.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
TheDarkJay

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2005, 04:12:12 PM »

One thing i don't actually get about martial arts is they teach you to bring your opponent to the ground, but the way they teach it....too much honor...too much tradition...

Some of the thing they teach you a good kick to the balls would do twice as much harm Tongue

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Ancient Guru

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2005, 06:44:02 PM »

Ya I learned gouging eye balls on my own, or a good puch up your armpit.

But I stopped taking lessons because they sucked when I was a 2nd level green belt.

i]"But...it was so beautifully done"[/i]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: