Qbasicnews.com
July 16, 2019, 01:59:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: a random sword i made  (Read 8044 times)
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« on: March 18, 2005, 04:05:40 AM »

I was bored, so i tried making a sword using only photoshop and a texture i found on the net for the handle.  Took me about an hour, a bit less.  I don't think it turned out badly, but i still can't make a blade I like.  Sorry, i'd post it here, but DA is very finicky about off-site linking.  Comments, complaints, all welcome.  

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16223547/

Jumping Jahoolipers!
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 05:01:47 AM »

nice!

here, i did you a favor Cheesy

Diroga
Been there, done that

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 05:21:30 AM »

is it Vorpal?
Sterling Christensen
Na_th_an

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 06:23:55 AM »

Cool. I saw aetherfox's comment below it, and actually I didn't notice what he was talking about until I looked at it again.
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 11:08:16 AM »

Thanks!  btw, thanks for doing me that favor Cha0s!

Actually, it was supposed to be a katana, but the blade ain't curved as you can see.

Jumping Jahoolipers!
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 05:17:10 PM »

Heh, thats cool,.. :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 06:05:20 PM »

It looks like a Ninja-to...it's about the right length and certainly the right shape, even the circular guard is correct. Smiley

Vorpal, eh? :lol: You know Diroga...most any sword can be enchanted to be Vorpal (although Sharpness is easier) if the wizard knows his craft well enough... Wink

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 09:10:41 PM »

Shocked I didn't know there so many sword names:
vorpal, Ninja-to, katana,.. um, there not going to be a test, right? Sad

heh, still a cool sword... :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 10:37:58 PM »

Hehehe...a Vorpal sword is a sword that's been magically enchanted to sever body parts and particularly heads. It's a fictional sword and doesn't really exist, but it's used in various RPG systems like AD&D.

A Ninja-to is a traditional sword that was used by many of the ancient ninja clans. It was straight with a single edge, usually about four feet long from pommel to tip.

A Katana is a sword used by the ancient samurai warriors. It was curved slightly, a bit longer than a ninja-to, and was made using a special stretching/hammering process which produced a sword that was lighter and deadlier than just hammered steel.

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 10:38:34 AM »

Quote from: "adosorken"
Hehehe...a Vorpal sword is a sword that's been magically enchanted to sever body parts and particularly heads. It's a fictional sword and doesn't really exist, but it's used in various RPG systems like AD&D.

A Ninja-to is a traditional sword that was used by many of the ancient ninja clans. It was straight with a single edge, usually about four feet long from pommel to tip.

A Katana is a sword used by the ancient samurai warriors. It was curved slightly, a bit longer than a ninja-to, and was made using a special stretching/hammering process which produced a sword that was lighter and deadlier than just hammered steel.

Eh heh, :normal: ,  if you know how to use a sword as much as you know bout 'em,.. *gulp*, I woun't be on your bad side any time soon,... :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

TheDarkJay
I hold this place together

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 10:44:01 AM »

they say the pen is mightier than the sword, show they this and i think they will get confused... Cheesy  Cheesy  :normal:  :normal:  Sad  Sad

man, that was a bad joke

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 10:57:28 AM »

Quote from: "TheDarkJay"
they say the pen is mightier than the sword, show they this and i think they will get confused... Cheesy  Cheesy  :normal:  :normal:  Sad  Sad

man, that was a bad joke

No, really, the weapon's power is determand by the hand who welds it... I've seen ppl who could do hand combat with some1 with a sword and win...  Cheesy ... Stevin Segal being one of 'em,.. you can't see his hands move!! Shocked

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

TheDarkJay
I hold this place together

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 11:04:42 AM »

Quote from: "Rattrapmax6"
Quote from: "TheDarkJay"

man, that was a bad joke

No, really, the weapon's power is determand by the hand who welds it... I've seen ppl who could do hand combat with some1 with a sword and win...  Cheesy ... Stevin Segal being one of 'em,.. you can't see his hands move!! Shocked

I know you can better an armed swordsman using your bare hands, if your good/lucky/stealthy/quick enough you could take out some one with a AK-47 easily.

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 11:22:51 AM »

Eh heh, :normal: ,  if you know how to use a sword as much as you know bout 'em,.. *gulp*, I woun't be on your bad side any time soon,... :wink:

I studied a bit of kenjitsu in my younger years...can't say I'm an expert or anything but give a normal person a sword and me a sword and my bet is that they're gonna lose...badly. Cheesy

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 11:47:42 AM »

Quote from: "adosorken"

I studied a bit of kenjitsu in my younger years...can't say I'm an expert or anything but give a normal person a sword and me a sword and my bet is that they're gonna lose...badly. Cheesy

Smiley Yep, I'd be the normal person, heh, my fancy lies in the Bow-staff and hand based martial art stuff... tho I never have really much time to prefect any of that.. :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: