Qbasicnews.com
July 05, 2020, 04:05:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: FoxFeather  (Read 6543 times)
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 08:27:17 PM »

Quote from: "Rattrapmax6"
Quote from: "Josiah Tobin"
Don't judge b4 you know what all goes behind the pics...

Erk... Don't judge someone before you know what they do, either. I'm a pixel artist, that is, actually making images by laying down each pixel, have been for about 4 years now. Trust me, I know the meaning of tedious... And I more than know what goes into making such an image. :wink:
I don't judge people without knowing what they do or how they do it.

Eh, what, I judged no1? that was just something common to put at the end, BTW, I know you have to be some kind of pixel artist, that fox being hit by a bowling ball didn't draw itself...

I do sometimes clean the image b4 putting it on, but I like slowly matching the pic to the body,. also touch up on light glares, you need it on the body... nevermind, I'll call it Pixel Art save from more confretations (not getting that to spell right).. :wink:

No, you can call it pixel shifting, I just had to get all that out, that's all. Tongue  Besides, it'd probably cause more confusion if you called it pixel art, as the "true" definition of pixel art is an image done from scratch, pixel by pixel. (I hope I don't sound biased, overly prideful, or egotistial here. that's not the intention, and, well, I hope I'm not seen that way Wink)  I was just saying that what you do is basically digital art/edting.
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 09:57:50 PM »

Smiley Heh, you didn't sound prideful,.. my way of terming was overdone a lil, and you just wanted to point it out.. speaking your mind, I like those ppl better, you never have to guess what there thinking.. is why I get along so well with Mitth,. :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 11:37:07 PM »

Rattrap: Glad I didn't come off as an asshole. :lol:

Anyway...
Quote from: "Mitth'raw'nuruodo"
Shocked Nice pic both of yous.

I love that redid....It puts inspiration in my heart and a tear in my eye. Smiley
Nice work of art.

I wouldn't say it's a remade version of Mech's, really, more like a spontaneous collaboration. Tongue Thanks for the comment, I'm glad to see it apparently turned out well...
Also... I made a wallpaper out of it because I thought it'd look good as my desktop; though I've uploaded it if anyone wants to see it/use it/whatever:
http://www.neophunk.com/josiahtobin/art/foxfeather_wallpaper.png
Mech: We should do art collaborations more often :wink:
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 11:57:23 PM »

It's hard to believe that this picture would replace the stunning beauty I had on my desktop already but it's been done. Cheesy As a descendant of Native American royalty, I really enjoy this kind of artwork and this one is particularly well done. Major kudos to both of you. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 12:18:44 AM »

Heh, might have found a good replacement for my SpaceWarp wallpaper, its really easy on the eyes that FoxFeather... Cheesy .. Not so much a after burner (get it? nevermind) :roll:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005, 12:22:44 AM »

Wow, it's surprising to see it's being used already :lol:
Nek: I'm (and Mech as well, I'm positive) honored that you'd use our work as your desktop... Cheesy Must be going in the right direction. Smiley
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2005, 12:45:50 AM »

honestly, i had no clue it would touch so many people Tongue  I think it's great that my (and josiah's) artwork is liked so much Cheesy  i'll be sure to put up more in the same style now.

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2005, 05:29:55 AM »

Awesome sketching Mech, and Josiah, I had no idea you were proficient in Photoshop as well.

Apart from the few lines from the original notepad paper, it's a very well done collaboration.

People on deviantArt die for collabs, you know?  You guys should get accounts there if you don't already have some.

Rattrap: What you do is make edited photographs.  Digital art/editing as Josiah rightly put.  I was also kind of put off by that shifting that you always refer to.

But then again, I really don't care that much, pretty obvious since I haven't said anything till now.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2005, 05:47:26 AM »

I was thinking about getting a DA account awhile back actually... I think I might just do that now. (Mech! You should too :wink: )
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2005, 12:51:27 PM »

I'm still trying to get a yerf account!  (which is impossible by the way, especially since their server is down Tongue).  but yeah, i'll grab a DA account later this week.  until then, here is some more original artwork by me:

Full size here ---> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/The_Husky/SpiritPainter.jpg

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2005, 06:44:14 PM »

Quote from: "aetherfox"
Rattrap: What you do is make edited photographs.  Digital art/editing as Josiah rightly put.  I was also kind of put off by that shifting that you always refer to.

Smiley Check my Regester date on Pete's forum,. It will tell you roughly when I came to find a number of ppl that could understand what I was on... So b4 then, I naturaly had to make up that term "Pixel Shifting" out of ones fancy to give what I did a name, and at that current state had no1 to correct that miss-placed term... I'll call it digital art/editing since its been put clear...

Smiley Ah, I really like that last one, Mech..

Heh, if only I had a scanner,.. You ever try drawing on Printer Paper? Had a art teacher once say I had a good drawing substance when I brought some along with me.. :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2005, 05:24:49 PM »

i don't really have the luxury of knowing when my inspiration kicks in.  so unfortunately, i make do with what i have.  i would normally bring a sketch book but these pictures were too big to be just a sketch.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: