Qbasicnews.com
December 08, 2019, 07:13:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hide Windows mouse cursor?  (Read 4642 times)
BiLLaMoNsTeR

« on: February 06, 2005, 08:37:32 PM »

Is there a way to hide the windows mouse cursor when it is over a program window?
Antoni Gual
Na_th_an

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 10:02:37 AM »

Code:

$include:'win\user32.lib'
ShowCursor(0)

Antoni
lillo
Guru

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 03:06:43 PM »

It seemed to me the right solution to always keep the cursor hidden in fullscreen mode and always showed while in windowed mode.
It could be scary for an user if the mouse disappears when it enters a window... If the user doesn't want to see it, he could just press ALT-Enter to switch to fullscreen at any time and hide it.

ngelo Mottola - EC++
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 03:15:20 PM »

Many DirectX applications hide the mouse cursor when it is over the DirectX window. I've found that with TinyPTC, having the mouse cursor over its window slows its refresh rate down by up to 25%.

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
BiLLaMoNsTeR

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 05:01:59 AM »

'$include:'win\user32.bi' and ShowCursor(0) does not seem to work.

Quote from: "lillo"
It seemed to me the right solution to always keep the cursor hidden in fullscreen mode and always showed while in windowed mode.
It could be scary for an user if the mouse disappears when it enters a window... If the user doesn't want to see it, he could just press ALT-Enter to switch to fullscreen at any time and hide it.

So is it IMPOSSIBLE to hide the mouse cursor with your library?  Because if one wanted to have a different cursor in his program, it would look bad to have the Windows one on top of it. But I guess you're right: that's what fullscreen is for.

Quote from: "adosorken"
Many DirectX applications hide the mouse cursor when it is over the DirectX window. I've found that with TinyPTC, having the mouse cursor over its window slows its refresh rate down by up to 25%.

That is a little worrying.  Is that true in this case?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: