Qbasicnews.com
October 15, 2019, 10:48:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: x.t.r.GRAPHICS QB Site..  (Read 6373 times)
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« on: January 20, 2005, 07:40:58 PM »

This is probaly not news worthy, my site is not much more than a 20MB roadbumb in webspace, but I had no other idea for my first post on this rather large QB forum.

Well, since the release of QBE #6, I've had a small spike in visits, 60+ is not really true, only roughly 30+ have been on my site, the hitmeter show where I get on 2 c if its working. Smiley

Whats the news?? I'm just going to rework my little bitty site with a lil more eyecandy besides my flame shaded text BMPs at the top of my page. They gotta go! :wink:

Hopefully I can refind my creative artist edge n make some gfx that will make you look like this  Shocked (Hopefully, I'm realy a betta drawer or pixal shifther, also doing airbrush, hehe!)

PS: If you want to know what a Pixal Shifter is, well, I can do stuff with MS Paint (along with a Hue changer/grayscaler) that would make PhotoShop cry,  :wink: Givin if PhotoShop is the one that edits pics.

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 08:09:55 PM »

Cool, I like your stuff, don't really know why, low res gfx, few colors.. yet so... luring.. can't resist Cheesy

Keep it up =)

Let us know when you got the new site up Cheesy
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 08:44:27 PM »

Can ne one tell me why this is in the Arts, n Music section, I swore I put this in the News one,  :wink: , oh well, ..

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 08:48:02 PM »

Someone probably only read the topic title, and thought it was graphics =)
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 09:05:14 PM »

Tongue Darn, I finialy c how the name will hunt me,. oh well.. low res? Yeah, I know, I didn't really think ppl would get on the site, like I said its more like a raodbump.. I plan to fix em up tho..

PS: if you notice, AOL wouln't even let me finish the Menu bar,. lol,. 20Megs runs out quick with BMPs.. I'm batch converting every thing to JPEG next time, :wink: ...

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 08:24:12 PM »

:wink: Per your request Z!re, I've did a lil updating, it prob not  Shocked qulity yet, but its looking loads betta, hehe.. Smiley At least I tashed that sloppy shaded text BMP of x.t.r.GFX n QB at the page header...  Cheesy and replaced it with betta eyecandy...

You can till me what you think, and make suggestions, here is the site URL, so enjoy!! you can also use the WWW icon.. :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 08:36:07 PM »

You should really change the pictures to jpeg or png or gif...

BMPs are huge... doesent bother me too much as i have broadband, but think about the poor modem users Cheesy

And you should look into other ISPs than AOL Cheesy

Overall, I like it better now, I like it dark, easier on the eyes, also the faded text looks cooler on black background =)
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 08:59:36 PM »

Smiley Broadband, lucky u, lol,.. It load up fine on me, and trust me, old DOS comps where prob faster than mine..

Other than AOL?,. yeah, I don't want to have 2 pay is my prob, my comp in to bad of shape & for it to go down and I'm paying for something I can't edit would suck!!... AOL give me that 20meg bump in space for Free! since I a use them..

Prob going to Seek'n'Destroy some file on me hard drive to free up space and speed, then scandisk, defrag... and whatever else it takes, prob wont work.. :wink: ..

PS: I tried batch converting one of my files to JPEG, but it scratched it up right bad.. maybe the others will work, my avatar did, oh well..

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 09:08:19 PM »

Flames! are quite k%l aye? hehe! :wink: ,..

wow, all that BBcode takes up space, oh well, u don't c it anyway...  Tongue

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 09:17:02 PM »

100 megs free:

http://www.web1000.com/ (takes a bit to give you the site once you register, but has NO ADS)
http://www.100megsfree.com/

With PHP/Mysql as well:

http://www.100webspace.com/

The last one I listed only allows 400 Kb max downloads, but can be OK for many sites. You can always host your downloads elsewhere, I.E. Lycos.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 09:30:05 PM »

Quote from: "na_th_an"

... but has NO ADS)...

Does mine have ads? I thought I got 1 one day when using enternet explorer, but its always putting something there, uggh..

Might look n2 it.. :wink: thanks

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 10:11:03 PM »

My site is nice how it is, but it uses AOL's auto HTML editor, or visual editor, WYSIWYG.. but its really annoying to use, or at least loading or saveing..

So as soon as a get a good replacment writing it in notepad, I'm going to change over every thing. Besides, writing in notepad is lighter than AOLs, that makes my 20megs a lil bigger, Cheesy

Hope you're looking at my new site soon! :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2005, 02:11:11 PM »

The new and (Maybe not improved) x.t.r.GRAPHICS QBasic site. Using AOL's WYSIWYG editor wasn't taking up as much space as I thought.. but it was still anoying..

This is my new site, wrote in HTML, all gfx are by me(ofcourse)..

This is not a solid design, it will probaly change every now and then. Its going to be deeper none the less than my last site. And it has a one of the kind link page, not finished yet, but you'll see what's diff bout it....

http://members.aol.com/rattrapmax6/qbfiles/qbsite.html

Note, that if the Header looks off, it was compressed when I loaded it to my FTP Space... It looked much better offline.. :wink: Also, site is still under constuction, and not everything works.. My currint site is still avalible at the moment...

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2005, 05:04:39 PM »

Link Town Update...
   Pete's QBasic Site has just been added to my links town,. oddly it uploaded unsctrached and perfect,.  Sad My building looks alil worn, oh well,. :wink: Its going to be a nice little town soon I hope...

If you'd like your site to show, email the link to me at my new site, I'd have a EMail link here but there's no HTML,... the link to my new site is my above post...

If I have your site and you want it removed, email me as above..

I'll look over the site and make a building that suits it,. My site is small, I have a little store, Pete's is BIG, so I made it out as a citadel (Large Mid-Evil fortress) with some modern SkyLights...

Note[/u] Put a QB related subject so I don't delete it as spam. also your site might not ever get in the town, pointless sites, xtremely small,(and, or) one paged sites,. or if when I'm happy with my town and I call it finished... Also if your one page site is interesting, it might make it in.. All sites must be QB...

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2005, 07:27:30 PM »

My new site is up 100%.. All pages work, or I hope..

Cheesy Take a look!!

http://members.aol.com/rattrapmax6/qbfiles/qbsite.html

Have fun!!

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: