Qbasicnews.com
September 27, 2020, 11:12:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update the board  (Read 2665 times)
Hard Rock
I hold this place together

« on: December 22, 2004, 12:23:43 PM »

With the webworm running around, and this site still at 2.0.6 i think its best to update the forum, especially since weve already been hacked and the data lost once before. It would suck to happen again.

b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
zshzn

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 10:03:20 PM »

He is right. This isn't just a very unlikely chance of happening, it is very real. I personally have seen it happen to several sites in the last few days. It finds vulnerable sites via Google search. And this board is one of the first results for anything referring to qb.

By the way, if this board doesn't get upgraded and doesn't get defaced, the running joke will be because nobody searches google for qbasic  :rotfl:
Sterling Christensen
Na_th_an

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 10:49:50 PM »

EWeek headline: Google Nukes Santy Worm, But Threat Remains [my emphasis]
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1744978,00.asp

Google may have reduced the risk for now, but it would still be a very, very good idea to update the forum.
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 12:07:04 PM »

Thanks for the warning, but its only the version number than is not updated. I'll fix that now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: