Qbasicnews.com
February 23, 2020, 06:55:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics Problems  (Read 8263 times)
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 11:34:51 PM »

Quote from: "ComDriver"
I actually downloaded qb from another source and it works fine with no problems. Thanks for your help.

Say, that sounds unbelievable!  What source did you do the downloading from?  I am running on Windows XP Home Edition, same as you, but am havaing graphics problems with my old QuickBASIC 4.5.  

There are many folks out there with this same problem, and, if your download of QB does the trick, it will be great to know!

So, ComDriver, PLEASE post the web site here.  Thank you!

Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 06:05:56 AM »

Quote from: "Ralph"
But, when I got a new computer with Windows XP Home Edition,

Maybe it has to do with your new computer and not with Windows XP. QB works seamlessly under Win XP.

You can try to download QB 4.5 (the full package one) from qbnz.com and try that version.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
ComDriver
Forum Regular

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 01:12:18 PM »

I downloaded it from qb4all.com i don't know what made the difference.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 07:52:38 PM »

Quote from: "na_th_an"
You can try to download QB 4.5 (the full package one) from qbnz.com and try that version.

Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2005, 12:58:30 PM »

Comdriver:  I visited the site you mentioned, qb4all.com, and they show various versions of QuickBASIC, including versions 4, 4.5 and 7.1.  Would you please tell us which version you downloaded?

Na_th_an:  I am already using version 4.5, which I bought back in 1989.  Maybe I am now missing some file?  Would you please check out my current QB directory files?  Here they are:

BC.EXE
BCOM45.LIB
BQLB45.LIB
BRUN45.EXE
BRUN45.LIB
DESC.SDI*
LIB.EXE
LINK.EXE
MOUSE.COM
MOUSE.INI
QB (shortcut)
QB4UTIL.BI*
QB4UTIL.LIB*
QB45ADVR.HLP
QB45TENER.HLP
QB45QCK.HLP
QB.BI
QB.exe
QB.INI
QB.LIB
QB.QLB
QB_EDR.LIB*

*Four later files that I picked up "along the way"

Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
ComDriver
Forum Regular

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2005, 01:40:26 PM »

I downloaded QBasic 4.5 and I just downloaded it there now to cheak and the graphics (screen 12 etc.) definitly work on mine computer. Hope this helps.
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2005, 07:41:18 PM »

ComDriver:  Thanks.  I went to qb4all.com and tried and tried, but just didn't see where I could download QuickBASIC 4.5.  How did
you do it?

ComDriver
Forum Regular

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2005, 06:16:51 AM »

Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing. Go to qb4all.com then go to downloads and click on the compiler section,  go to page 2, scroll down and Qbasic 4.5 should be there.
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2005, 08:43:22 AM »

Thanks, ComDriver.  I downloaded QB45 on qb4all.com, second page, as you instructed.  Opened qb.exe there, entered:
SCREEN 12
CIRCLE (100,100(,35
and ran.  Got same old results, a full screen with the expected circle, then, after a few seconds, minimized!  No luck!

By the way, for those who wonder what my computer might be, it is a Sony VAIA computer with an Intel Pentium 4, with 525MB, 160GB harddrive, Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.5.2600

ComDriver
Forum Regular

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2005, 10:37:19 AM »

Whenever I downloaded it I put it straight onto my hard drive under the Qbasic, that probably won't help but its worth a try.
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2005, 05:20:45 PM »

Nope!  That's exactly what I did.  But, using DOSBox, it seems to run fairly well, with some strange happenings from time to time, but, at least I can run the progam. Cheesy

na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2005, 05:49:10 PM »

Do you shift to full screen as soon as you start QB? Try it.

Besides, MSN Messenger minimizes MSDOS programs when a new buddy logs in or when you recieve a message. That sucks. Maybe you had MSN Messenger or another Windows program running...

Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 06:09:15 PM »

Na_th_an wrote:
"Do you shift to full screen as soon as you start QB? Try it.

Besides, MSN Messenger minimizes MSDOS programs when a new buddy logs in or when you recieve a message. That sucks. Maybe you had MSN Messenger or another Windows program running..."

I start QuickBASIC 4.5, do a Shift+Enter, it maximizes, stays there for a few seconds, then goes back to a window.  I can do this over and over, with the same result.  When it's maximized, if I try to click on File, it just reverst to the window.

No, I do not have MSN Messenger running, so, that;s out.

na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2005, 11:14:45 AM »

Does it happen with every MSDOS program you try to run, or just QB? Is the minimizing completely random? Sometimes Windows pops up those globes in the systray with some info, which do the same thing that MSN Messenger notifications.

If this happens with every MSDOS program (not just QB), you should try to edit the properties of _DEFAULT.PIF. In the Misc. tab, locate an option that says something similar to "Always suspended" (My Windows is in Spanish, so I don't know the exact words) and check it.

Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2005, 11:16:11 AM »

I had the same problem, turned out to be virus/malware/spyware, see my pmlqqklh thread in the generals section.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: