Qbasicnews.com
June 21, 2018, 01:24:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Now, the *latest* breaking developments on Boss #1 of FJ.  (Read 3296 times)
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« on: December 24, 2004, 07:33:14 PM »

Dearest all of the QB45/QB71/FB community,

I wanna welcome you all here as I now give you my first and very latest look at the first boss that I am planning to develop on the gameplay screens of Frantic Journey (FJ), the ongoing QB shooting game project!  Cheesy !

Here is the very latest progress that I have now on Boss #1: Monarchoid Bee.

As you can see, the creature now has a tail and an electrified stinger at the end with which to try to sting its enemies right out of existence!   ( Shocked )  This means, you will have the potential of fighting a more formidable foe already in that first boss when this FJ experience version (or better!) gets released, I promise!!  Wink

And now, here is a look at some other bosses that I already got up and created from a couple of years back (just to refresh your memory here):

Ceruvious — Boss of the Crystal Stages

Gariousu MK-I — Boss of the Hyperspeed Passageway Stages

Bear in mind now that they are all-original sprite-like objects, not ripped at all.  Just so you know.  ;*)

Please enjoy them all as the development of FJ continues RIGHT ON!!!  :king:=b !!

Talk to you later with your comments.

PROMISING YOU SOMETHING TRULY AWESOME LIKE NEVER BEFORE,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 09:58:38 PM »

Looks good, mate   ^^

ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls.  The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote from: "Haye, Phillip J."
 Excellent.  Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 10:33:23 PM »

yeah well done looks really great, keep up the good work

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 10:35:42 PM »

I like the last two, but the first one, while it's drawn nicely.... just looks like a wad of... "stuff".

Nice job though. Smiley
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 10:59:38 PM »

AAP: Port the game to FreeBASIC. No more worries about the DS4QB2 hacks, no compatibility problems, and you can get rid of the 320x200 limitation. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 11:11:48 PM »

nah fb is not the solution to everything, finish it in qb then think about a port

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 12:19:01 AM »

You're right, it's not the solution to everything...VB has it beat for GUI applications for about another month or so. After that, FB will be the solution for everything. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2004, 12:48:08 AM »

Quote from: "marzecTM"
nah fb is not the solution to everything, finish it in qb then think about a port

In that case...

I'M LIVING A LIE!!!

erhem... yeah....

ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls.  The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2004, 05:00:32 AM »

To everybody that replied so far:

Thank you all, everybody.  I appreciate your comments about my work here *very* much from at least a lot of you!  ;*)

And additionally, to MarzecTM and Adosorken:

Quote from: "On one of your replies here on FJ, MarzecTM, you"

Quote from: "....and then shortly after that, Ado, you"
You're right, it's not the solution to everything...VB has it beat for GUI applications for about another month or so. After that, FB will be the solution for everything. Cheesy

You know what I think: you both are pretty much on the right track of sorts.  Smiley !  Even though I have tried (and even experimented with!) FreeBasic myself apparently within the last couple of weeks or so, the game project of Frantic Journey (FJ) will still and even hopefully be finished in QB, since it *originally* got started in QB since around 2001.  I am not thinking about making a port of it using FB as of yet (since I am no expert at FB as of yet myself!  Sad ), BUT, there were some great ideas about going for a potential FJ sequel that hasn’t even gotten into my boards as of yet (you can find some ideas of it in my other thread here).

In the meantime right now on the continuing project, MarzecTM and Adosorken, I am gonna concentrate on what I am doing on FJ using good ‘ol QuickBASIC (and I plan on doing two sound based versions: one, with DS4QB2; the other, just an FM-synthesis SFX based version without DS4QB2 at all), and we will just see how far we get with that.  Once that all is done, then hey, I may have some clear breathing room to potentally think about a FB port or FB-based sequel of FJ for MS Windows.  Like I said, I best need to concentrate on what I am doing indeed.  Wink

I wanna thank all of you again for your replies, and talk to you all later.  :cool:

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack

Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2004, 12:23:06 PM »

so is FJ gonna have some wicked awesome techno music?  That'd be sweet....

ovaProgramming.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2004, 03:01:49 PM »

Quote from: "NovaProgramming"
so is FJ gonna have some wicked awesome techno music?  That'd be sweet....

Judging from the music previews he posted not too long ago, yeah I'd say it's techno, but I wouldn't say 'wicked awesome'. Seemed a bit too chaotic (not the 'good' chaotic) and thrown together for my tastes.
Those bosses look pretty class, especially the crystal one, though I agree the first one (the bee) could use a bit less random... Stuff. Other than that, looks good.
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 05:47:02 PM »

To NovaProgramming:

Quote from: "On your recent reply here from yesterday, you"
so is FJ gonna have some wicked awesome techno music? That'd be sweet....

Well actually, in the music that I have been working on and will continue to work on as well for this game, I am targeting mostly towards the “house” music kind.  In addition, man, I am aiming to make at least some of it *very* dramatic (remember back in the wonderful SNES/Super Famicom days?  :cool:=b ! ).  Remember, I have around 40+ pieces of music for the original DS4QB2-sound version of FJ so far (one of the versions I am working on), and I am gonna go for the jugular by preparing more original tracks as part of this project as I am already making much better and better music for the game.

And I promise you, the new music will be much clearer and in stereo for the FJ experience version (or better!) for when it gets released.  Just stick around.  Smiley !

Also, I just got an external CD-RW drive for Christmas, and it works way better than that crummy-old internal one that caused that bullheaded “stop-and-go-and-stop-and-go” syndrome on the computer that I use, you know what I’m saying?  With the new drive, I am *most definitely* planning on backing up ALL of my FJ work, including all of the music, all of the game program data, THE WHOLE NINE ENTIRE YARDS!!!  d=Cheesy=b  This way, the project would sure live on, I promise!

See you again as I rock this project right into a whole entirely new awesomeness!!  Wink

PROMISING YOU SOME GUARANTEED THINGS HERE,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

UPDATE (from Tuesday, December 28, 2004 at 5:24pm EST): Hey, GREAT news!!  I have just this week successfully backed up *all* of the game program and music/sfx material for FJ twice, using two (2) blank CD-R disks!!  Cheesy=b !  I am sure now that this project will definitely continue on forward from there!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: