Qbasicnews.com
January 26, 2021, 04:04:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3  (Read 86886 times)
Marcade

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2004, 03:38:38 PM »

Quote from: "VonGodric"
Hello,

It is not either standard textbox nor richtextcontrol, it's a costom widget from wxWindows. anyway I can load files as big as there is memory so it isn't a problem. And it's not CV, but c++(mingw)

If anyone thinks he wants to help then please, I'd more then happy.

Tnx for the ideas though.

We were talking about a possible IDE in VB, not your IDE. Smiley Your textbox is quite nice. Smiley Wish I could something like that in VB.

barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2004, 06:38:54 PM »

IMO, the good:
I like the grey marker on the left side for the line numbers.
The syntax highlighting is good.
The whitespace is a nice feature that i like.  But maybe make the arrows white as well, just for consitency.
It looks like you got lots of features in like saving, undo, indenting, etc. etc.

the bad:
get rid of the grey bar when it's not being used for line numbers.
showing line endings is kinda useless.
it doesn't search specifically  .bas files when it opens and doesn't save specifically as .bas.
get rid of blue screen, or allow it to be customized.

Jumping Jahoolipers!
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2004, 07:26:19 PM »

The default VB textbox seems to be limited to the limits of the OS. In Windows 98, it has a limit of around 32KB. In XP, I've found no practical limit, as I've loaded 9MB files into it. Notepad seems to use the same exact control, which explains why Windows 98 Notepad can only load files of around 32KB and XP Notepad can load anything.

aetherFox: CodeMax was the "even easier" method I was referring to. The RTB can also be used, of course, it's just a lot more work to accomplish the very basics, such as scope indentation and syntax coloring. There are no other freely available controls or classes of any real worth, so one would have to be developed from scratch. It would also require digging very deep into the API, and I'm not sure either you or I have the kind of time to do such research. I've worked a lot with CodeMax, and it's a really stable control and is pretty powerful. Cheesy Besides, it doesn't do ALL the work anyways...it's really nothing more than a syntax coloring textbox with unlimited data size but why it's so powerful is the methods you use to do the syntax coloring. You'll still have to handle some basics, but the coloring is handled and lets you work on more important aspects of your application...in this case, like line parsing. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 07:33:40 PM »

Notepad can load files up to 64kb, VB textbox in 98 can hold 64kb, exactly... 65535bytes

The problem with notepad and large files, is that it can nly handle 65536b

A file at 50kb, with LONG lines, get a lot of line breaks added, each adding 2 bytes... you get the idea...

Longer lines, smaller files...

EDIT: Not 65535KB, but b.. changed
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 07:38:27 PM »

Well that explains why I could sometimes load 37KB files. Didn't make a lot of sense at the time but now it does. Also makes sense why 20KB files with only a few characters per line would cause it to run out of memory quickly. Thanks for the clearing up, Z!re. Smiley

Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 07:39:25 PM »

And whats wrong with VonGodrics IDE?

It's fast, efficient, and has syntax highlighting, syntax checking etc..

And stop whining about the background and colors in general, he is going to implement display options...

*grr* Cheesy
VonGodric
Ancient Guru

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 07:44:43 PM »

Hello,

barok that graybar has a special use there :wink:
The endline markers are now white, but I do use them sometimes.
The blue screen will be gone and will be possible to costomize. (technically it is possible already, though I have more pressing matters to finish, each type can have it's own font, (f/b)color, size, and font attributes(bold/italic...) )

Atm It has a basic errorchecking and codefixing, syntaxhighlighing and errorchecking can be set on/off.

while saving/loading appropriate file types are set. Also fixed(and invented more) bugs.

url]http://fbide.sourceforge.net/[/url]
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2004, 07:52:05 PM »

Codefixing? As in it fixes code that is errored? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that is a no-no! It's not the job of the IDE to fix errored code, only to report it and possibly offer suggestions to fix it.

VonGodric
Ancient Guru

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2004, 08:09:50 PM »

hmmm can't it do things like: add missing " to the end of the line?
VB, QBIde does that. Well I was wrong, no errorfixing, but it let's you know.

also turns ? into PRINT like in qb

It's errorchecking isn't very advanced, it matched for parenthesis, their count and directions for example. so this: ))(( and (())) are errors -but it's one thing that happens(at least to me) quite a lot, but I have no errorpopups, just adds a flag in the front of the line, that there's errror (later will be that clicking on the flag will tell what the error is).

k

adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2004, 08:25:02 PM »

Oh, you mean string literal completion. That's pretty much standard in any modern BASIC. Cheesy I thought you were talking about actual errorfixing, which is a tremendous no-no because it often produces more errors than it fixes.

VonGodric
Ancient Guru

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2004, 08:32:54 PM »

I'm not yet crazy :evil:
 :lol:

Jofers
Been there, done that

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 09:42:08 PM »

Looking good Wink.
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2004, 09:43:46 PM »

no codefixing!  just maybe cleaning up syntax, like auto-indent or it adds/gets rid of spaces.  at an absolute max it should tell you when the syntax you type in is illegal.

Jumping Jahoolipers!
Jofers
Been there, done that

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2004, 09:49:43 PM »

I think he said it puts a red flag on the line with the error.  This is exactly what I'd hoped for.  Maybe a flag on the column'd be good too.
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2004, 06:59:54 AM »

All right Nek, contrary to what I said I'll trust your judgement.

Look guys, this IDE is version 0.verysmall.  He's done a nice job.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: