Qbasicnews.com
May 21, 2022, 04:53:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: My Sprite Thread.  (Read 27226 times)
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2004, 10:59:04 PM »

Here's my current project.

The skeleton was the "easy part". The lineart, coloring, shading, and antialiasing is what's going to be the end of me.
Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2004, 12:09:26 AM »

I like how it shakes for a few frames at the end. It reminds me of those old movies where they would hit someone, and then you see them shaking like that in slow motion.  :lol: That's your best animation by far... so far. Wink
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2004, 07:58:29 PM »

Here's one I did for a few friends since we thought it would be funny at the moment. I'm going to do more general sprites, along with fighting game sprites from now on, (I'm STILL doing that sidekick animation, though. There's NO way that isn't getting completed)

adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2004, 11:08:56 PM »

A couple of suggestions for the side-kick:

1. You should complete the follow-through. Such a kick is rarely pulled after being executed, and has to be "decelerated" or "drawn down" (whatever phrase you want to use for the action of ending a technique after it's been executed) properly. There are two best courses of action: you can either bring the lower leg back and shift the weight of the body forward, allowing him to then extend his leg and land back in a stance (this is what's commonly done IRL), or you can allow him to drop directly into a stance (you see this in a few fighting games but it's not terribly realistic).
2. His left arm is in a very strange position. While it's true that different people perform techniques in different ways, that particular position is not very likely.

Great animation though. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2004, 11:17:42 PM »

Alright, I haven't done the lineart for it yet (actually I did, but a poweroutage occured for no reason whatsoever before I could save it). I'll try and give the end of the kick more of a "stretch out" type thing instead of the unintentional "Bruce lee" effect..  I'll go over the arm too. I'm not sure if you mean THE left arm, or HIS left arm, but both of them look a little retarded, so it's plastic surgery for the both of them. Smiley

But yeah, I'll go over it and try to get it to look like a real kick, so the final result will look right. Smiley
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2004, 11:21:52 PM »

Well, his upper body should probably be trying to retain somewhat of a ready position during the entirety of the kick. By lowering his arms like that, he's greatly reduced his upper body defences. With his upper body still at the ready, when the technique collapses to his ready stance, he's ready even before his foot hits the ground. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2004, 08:45:47 PM »

Here's one I just got done with.

Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2004, 12:19:48 AM »

:rotfl:

Yo, Mo Fo,  It be Da Pimp!

That's sick!

:lol:
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2004, 06:32:14 PM »

The last one is definately the best pixelation I've seen on this thread from you.

About your animations: It's much easier to pixel from reference materials.  Try to search on google for martial arts moves.  If worse comes to worse, then look for animated sprites for fighers like SF or something, and use those as references.  The yellow dude for example, his leg is straight at the top, which is unnatural, and his back doesn't bend at all.  The jumoing animation defies gravity.  The negative acceleration upwards is the same as the postitive one downwards.  He falls much too quickly.

good progress though.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Piptol
Ancient QBer

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2004, 09:48:29 PM »

BTW rockuman, are these sprites for Cobra 2? Smiley

In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2004, 10:14:03 PM »

hell, i would BUY that game if i could play as a pimp!

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2004, 06:32:36 PM »

You haven't played GTA:SA yet, have you? Tongue

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2004, 10:42:35 AM »

Shocked   WHAT?    Jim, quick, bring the car 'round front.  We're going to go buy GTA:SA.   I'll bring the marijuana.

ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls.  The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote from: "Haye, Phillip J."
 Excellent.  Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2004, 12:01:44 AM »

TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2004, 04:35:11 AM »

Nice one rockuman but his left hand and right leg dont look correct. His toes are too wide. The hand isnt proportionate and its curved too much inside.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: