Qbasicnews.com
April 09, 2020, 05:45:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: palettes issue  (Read 1288 times)
toad

Coding since the 90's

« on: September 07, 2004, 02:20:13 AM »

i made a few hundred tiles with a 256-color palette which wasn't a very good palette. (it had some repeated colors on it.) so i made a new palette. of course, now, those tiles load all funky.

i can think of a way to fix this, but it would take some time. i'm just wondering if there's anything out there already that could save me some trouble. like a program that compared two palettes, located the new placements of it's colors (based on a rough RGB comparison) and created a list of the results. and then the program would run through all the graphics and change the pixel values according to the list.

but is there something out there already?

relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 03:02:49 AM »

I generally use the closest color algo.  Mine is in QB but DQB has some made in ASM so it's faster.

BTW, why not use, some imagre processing stuff and let them do the converting to the new pal.
I use Fotocanvas from Acdsee. :*)

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: