Qbasicnews.com
July 02, 2020, 08:36:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you think?  (Voting closed: August 23, 2004, 06:27:53 PM)
Yes. - 6 (33.3%)
No - 12 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam Forum.  (Read 7334 times)
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2004, 06:25:55 PM »

There is no place for spam here, fullstop. If your first post is a spam post, I generally ban you. If you've been around for a while and post spam, it gets deleted and if you keep it up you get warned. It's as simple as that.

If you want to rant, that's what the debate forum is for (as long as your rant chooses a *side* that others can debate).

If you have a random thought, post it in your blog.

Just as there is no place for murder in this world, there is no place for spam on this board. And don't give me the "I pre-emptively killed him so he wouldn't kill my kids routine" - metaphors only go so far.

Neo
Na_th_an

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 12:32:20 PM »

I completely agree with oracle and with wildcard's rules and statements which he did quite some time ago.

Spam is useless, if you want to post 'wefoijwerovihwvwevniowev' in a message on a board, what would someone be able to do with it? You can't even read it. And about the 'random thoughts' thingie, it's useless as well, because many people don't like seeing random thoughts. You must have a message, so people want to help you or listen to you. If your message has no base or ground, nobody will be interested, so what is that spam for? Furthermore, random thoughts usually aren't overthought, which means you could easily flap out statements that would really hurt in a certain way, either racism, discrimination, anti-religious, personal emotional, etc, etc.

Now, enough about spam, this subject ought to be outdated for years. Spam hasn't been tolerated since the beginning.
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 04:26:02 PM »

Quote from: "Neo"
I completely agree with oracle and with wildcard's rules and statements which he did quite some time ago.

Spam is useless, if you want to post 'wefoijwerovihwvwevniowev' in a message on a board, what would someone be able to do with it? You can't even read it. And about the 'random thoughts' thingie, it's useless as well, because many people don't like seeing random thoughts. You must have a message, so people want to help you or listen to you. If your message has no base or ground, nobody will be interested, so what is that spam for? Furthermore, random thoughts usually aren't overthought, which means you could easily flap out statements that would really hurt in a certain way, either racism, discrimination, anti-religious, personal emotional, etc, etc.

Now, enough about spam, this subject ought to be outdated for years. Spam hasn't been tolerated since the beginning.

Did you just read the name of the topic and post or something? You've missed the point more than I even thought possible.

Besides, everyone's beating a dead horse now. I said forget it...

Sheesh, I wish I could post a suggestion, or an idea every now and then without having to worry about people who can't simply say, "Nah, I disagree".
speedlemon
I hold this place together

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 05:47:12 PM »

Quote from: "Rockuman"
Sheesh, I wish I could post a suggestion, or an idea every now and then without having to worry about people who can't simply say, "Nah, I disagree".

No... because then you'd ask why... but yea, you did say forget it. but anything before that's fair. ok lare?
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2004, 11:08:35 PM »

I disagree!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2004, 11:39:04 PM »

Quote from: "adosorken"

I disagree!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thank you, Nek. Smiley
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 01:30:42 PM »

If everybody in here says "no, we shouldn't have one", then why are there 6 votes for yes?  speak up cowards!

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 04:19:35 PM »

Mech: My thoughts exactly! How could 6 people have voted yes, while only 1 person appeared to want one? Its probably because the people who voted yes dont have the integrity or brain to actually bother posting their opinions in the topic =P
frostyservant

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 05:09:59 PM »

Quote from: "dark_prevail"
Mech: My thoughts exactly! How could 6 people have voted yes, while only 1 person appeared to want one? Its probably because the people who voted yes dont have the integrity or brain to actually bother posting their opinions in the topic =P

Nope, it's because the people voted, then saw Oracle's threatening post...

"Spam is not tolerated here. If you want to spam, go to a place with a spam forum."

hey say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwards, you can hear Satanic messages.  That's nothing, play it forwards and it installs Windows.
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2004, 12:38:23 PM »

Quote from: "Z!re"
falming

flaming =P

rocku: I too am against a spam forum :lol:
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2004, 01:20:49 PM »

[somebody deleted my post *GLARES*]

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2004, 02:44:46 PM »

Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it
Drop it

This issue is already sorted...
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2004, 10:31:43 AM »

Quote from: "Mech1031"
[somebody deleted my post *GLARES*]

*points and laughs*
ha ha! l00ser :lol:

Mech dont take it seriously i am just joking =P
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2004, 03:13:26 PM »

do you always put what you really mean in fine print?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: