Qbasicnews.com
June 21, 2018, 01:25:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: For my 250th post, I want to show you all something special.  (Read 10461 times)
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 09:53:45 PM »

I can't believe I am actually going to agree with Plasma and AAP for once. Well, sometimes, miracles to happen. Tongue

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2004, 12:57:20 AM »

Anybody Play Warsong(Sege genesis)?  Man the music was kool!!

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2004, 08:51:59 AM »

The SID version of Nemesis is one of the best videogame tunes ever.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2004, 02:05:33 PM »

AAP, thanks for the station! The music they play is wicked! I was loving it for the three hours that i listened to it while doing various things! The only reason I stopped listening is because my internet mucked up, and when I came back online, it said the server was full..

So thanks! That music really is awesome =D
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 03:54:36 PM »

To Richard Eric M. Lope, Na_th_an, Adosorken, Dark_prevail, and to the rest of you as well:

I am *so* glad that some to many of you are enjoying this station, as this all brings back the most fondest “FM-synthesis”-based music memories from possibly back in the day to at least some.  Not only that, it TRULY utterly fascinates me to find out how more and more amazingly realistic and in stereo the later and later arcade game music has become from the 80s on (take for instance, the original arcade music from After Burner, Metal Hawk, Darius II / Sagaia, Xexex / Orius, R-Type Leo, and even Cleopatra Fortune and Dangun Feveron / Fever SOS as well!  Shocked ! ), even to where it becomes more and more CD-like as well, you know, especially when mixed with FM-synthesis, too!!  Cheesy !

And you know what, I must HONESTLY tell you that one of my sole greatest arcade sound experiences was at a Time-Out amusement place at a shopping mall back in 1990 (remember those places, some of you?  :cool: ! ).  You know why?  Because, while I was there back then, I have checked out an original arcade game called Raiden (and one other person even played a game of it with me, since the machine held two players for play on the thing simultaneously!  Wink ), and guess what, people?  Sure the game had all “FM-synthesis”-based music and percussions, BUT, the real blow-you-away-bigtime factor in addition to that was the *CLEARLY OUTSTANDING* explosions and sound effects!!!  That truly knocked me out of my mind, so to say!!  :rotfl:

Now sound-wise alone, if you would only imagine yourself creating a QuickBASIC game with:

• Exclusively FM-based synthesis sound, but only with truly
AWESOME FM-only percussions that was once used for the Irem arcade originals Mr. Heli, Image Fight and R-Type II and also from the Namco 1987 arcade original Dragon Spirit, too!  Cheesy

• OUTSTANDING AND MIND-BLOWING sound effects (and even more impressively, *much* clearer digitized voices!)[/list]

Won’t that be rockingly cool, hmmm?  :king: !!

And.......

Quote from: "Dark_prevail, from your recent message here, you so cheerfully"
AAP, thanks for the station! The music they play is wicked! I was loving it for the three hours that i listened to it while doing various things! The only reason I stopped listening is because my internet mucked up, and when I came back online, it said the server was full..

So thanks! That music really is awesome =D

You are *MOST* welcome, my man Dark_prevail, and thank you richly now, too!!  ;*) !  You know something, I too have been listening to it myself while I was doing some other things on the computer, even while I was into the typing of this very message, amazingly enough!  Cheesy  Let me tell you that out of the Emusica track line up for the week of July 18, 2004 and from previous weeks before that, at least some to even a LOT of my favorite musics are from the following games:

•
After Burner (Sega, 1987, Arcade)
• A-Jax / Typhoon (Konami, 1987, Arcade)
• Area-88 / UN Squadron (Capcom, 1989, Arcade)
• Battle Garegga (Raizing/Eighting, 1996, Arcade)
• Bubble Bobble (Taito, 1986, Arcade)
• Chase HQ (Taito, 1988, Arcade)
• Cleopatra Fortune (Taito, 1996, Arcade)
• Darius II / Sagaia (Taito, 1989, Arcade)
• Detana!! Twinbee (Konami, 1991, Arcade)
• Dig Dug (Namco, 1982, Arcade)
• Dragon Sprit (Namco, 1987, Arcade)
• F/A / Fighter & Attacker (Namco, 1992, Arcade)
• Galaxy Force II (Sega, 1988, Arcade)
• Gradius / Nemesis (Konami, 1985, Arcade; even includes the “Bubble System” warming-up music, too!)
• Gradius II / Vulcan Venture (Konami, 1988, Arcade)
• Gradius III (Konami, 1989, Arcade)
• Mappy (Namco, 1983, Arcade)
• Metal Hawk (Namco, 1988, Arcade)
• Ordyne (Namco, 1988, Arcade)
• Out Run (Sega, 1986, Arcade)
• Pac-Mania (Namco, 1987, Arcade)
• Ray Force / Gunlock (Taito, 1993, Arcade)
• R-Type Leo (Irem, 1992, Arcade)
• Section Z (Capcom, 1985, Arcade)
• Strike Fighter (Sega, 1991, Arcade)
• The Tower of Druaga (Namco, 1984, Arcade)
• Twinbee (Konami, 1985, Arcade)
• Viper Phase 1 (Seibu Kaihatsu, 1995, Arcade)
• Wolf Fang / Rohga Armor Force (Data East, 1991, Arcade)[/list]

........and finally, the absolute *ridiculously* worst group of arcade tracks and voices there are from a Namco game from 1987 called Wonder Momo.  Whatever you do, man, please stay TOTALLY away from the tracks from that very game................unless you want a real flat-good laugh at them (which I did many times, given that the tracks and voices there are WAY too plain goofy, making the musics from After Burner look rather like a grandest masterpiece by comparison!  :lol: !! ).

Thank you so rather richly more, all of you, and like I may have said from before, more tracks from more games will be on the way in the coming weeks!  Be seeing you again!!  Wink !

MY CHEERFUL THANKS TO ALL OF YOU,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 05:31:14 PM »

All I have to say about video game music from back in the day is

Phantasy Star IV: The End of The Millenium. (Sega Genesis)

Apart from being THE BEST game released for the Genesis, the music was extremely catchy and AWESOME.  I reccomend that you play the game (even if you DON'T like the music), as it is my favorite RPG of all time.

Cheesy

ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls.  The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote from: "Haye, Phillip J."
 Excellent.  Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2004, 05:53:01 PM »

To NovaProgramming:

Right up front, let me just say for the very record that it is perfectly alright to talk about game music in this thread, be it arcade, console, computer or what have you now.  You’re cool and all, no doubt about that!  Cheesy !  As for the music from Phantasy Star IV for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, I might want to take a listen to some of it myself sometime, and man, there are all different types of game music out there, even orchestral, booming tunes as well!!  AMAZING!  Wink

Thanks a lot to you, NovaProgramming, and I will go take a listening try at some of that music indeed, too.  Be talking to you again a little later to let you know just how GOOD it really is!  :cool: !

CHECKING SOME THINGS OUT IN A BETTER PERSPECTIVE,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2004, 09:43:07 PM »

A pity I can't play that stuff... we used to have Outrun, and I'd forgotten the tune Wink

Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2004, 01:10:36 AM »

To Oracle:

Just for fun here on the Sega arcade mega-hit from 1986 entitled Out Run, I can name you all four (4) of its music tracks by their own original titles.  See if they ring a bell to you:

•
Magical Sound Shower
• Splash Wave
• Passing Breeze
• Last Wave (Name-Entry music)[/list]

I hope this truly helps you refresh your memory on that, man, and thanks!!  Cheesy !

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
Webmaster of the all-new “AAP Official Projects Squad”

And finally, do stop by at the all-new “QB Coder’s Tutorials Guild” within my site for all 4 chapters of Relsoft’s current 3D tutorial series plus the showing you of how to submit your own QuickBASIC/QBasic tutorials!!  ^_- !

oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2004, 01:17:11 AM »

Not the names, but the songs Wink

They got stuck in my head because my Dad would sit on the computer (a 286) for hours, listening to the same music because he was always stuck on the same level Wink

Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2004, 01:56:30 AM »

To Oracle:

I didn’t know that it was the songs that you were talking about, my mistake.  ^_^o !  For all that I know, man, I was only giving you the titles, so pardon me indeed for that.  And hey, at least some reference was being given as best as I can, just to be sure.

Anyway, it is real pleasure having you in this thread of mine, Oracle!!  :king: !

WONDERFUL TO TOUCH BASE WITH YOU HERE,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2004, 03:57:14 AM »

Quote from: "adosorken"
I can't believe I am actually going to agree with Plasma and AAP for once. Well, sometimes, miracles to happen. Tongue

AAP seems to influencing you a *lot* these days  :roll:

AAP: It's a nice station. I liked it :wink:

P.S.: You can use Xine/XMMS to listen to that stream.
DrV
Na_th_an

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2004, 02:25:34 PM »

Quote from: "TheBigBasicQ"
P.S.: You can use Xine/XMMS to listen to that stream.

* bows down to mad linux h4x0r *

I can't even get XMMS to play mp3s or midis on either of my crappy setups of (shudder) Red Hat Personal 8 or (double shudder) TurboLinux Workstation (some ancient version)  :-?
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2004, 03:10:05 PM »

to play the station in winamp, just open winamp, press Ctrl +L and paste in the url.

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2004, 04:34:43 AM »

Quote from: "DrV"
* bows down to mad linux h4x0r *

I can't even get XMMS to play mp3s or midis on either of my crappy setups of (shudder) Red Hat Personal 8 or (double shudder) TurboLinux Workstation (some ancient version)  :-?

Dont mean to hijack this thread but DrV, Multimedia with Linux is a tricky thing. But I have been able to watch all kinds of video formats on Xine/GMplayer and listen to live streams/mp3s etc... on XMMS.

BTW Redhat had removed mp3 support due to copyright problems. But there are patches/workarounds available. Just download xine and compile it, you'll be able to play almost all formats.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: