Qbasicnews.com
February 23, 2020, 07:08:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Article: 3d Series - Chapter 1 - Projection  (Read 10143 times)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Ancient Guru

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 02:22:58 PM »

Oh ok. But When I said something was bad practice at Pete's, Nek and Z!re got all...ummm....like they had a vendeta against me. They said that programmers should not be telling other programmers what is bad practice or not. I believe Nek said that each person programming style was like their fingerprint.

BTW, I said GOTOs were a bad practice.  :roll:  

But I don't mind making a .h a library. Cheesy  Also I don't code C++ much any more. I don't know how to mak a decent game on it. (you know graphics and stuff like that).

i]"But...it was so beautifully done"[/i]
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 03:04:21 PM »

Smiley You need SDL and OGL for C++ to make a desent looking game C++, Seems to simplify 3D more than anything else I've looked at, and the results are jaw dropping,..

Just look at Dr_D's OGL Demo,.. took me three tries to complete it and the whole thing was loaded with cool BMP gfx!! Its upload is in the FB Projects,  :wink: Course his source was bit more complex than the spinning triangle sent with FB, oh well.. :roll:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Ancient Guru

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 06:00:49 PM »

Cheesy

Shocked ! Ummm...Rattra, I think someone changed your avatar on you.... :Huh:

Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2005, 06:37:09 PM »

:lol: Oh, I did,.. I swaped 'em for fun, I used this awhile back in my Emails, just diff with diff sayings under the horse :wink: ....

Hmm,. to get with the subject, I wounder.. why was most of the source in the first 3D tut all saved as "bas" on another site,. wouldn't it have been better to have all the source in the tut, or have a printble version maybe?? hmm, oh well. Smiley

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Ancient Guru

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2005, 09:14:05 PM »

Ya that would have been nice. I don't know why they would have done that.

When I'm done SpaceMerc + The Rubik (Yes that's the name I made for it) I'll look into FB and those libraries. I can't wait.

Umm...about your avatar? Did you draw that one? I like to scetch and I'm going to give some more constructive crtitism on it (yes I did draw horses). So anyway:
First of all the body is too long. A horse's rib cage could NEVER fit into a outline like that.
Also the head is a little small and not the right shape. It should be about as big as the neck appx. You should see more of a jaw line which would be sort of a circle like.
The horse it BALD! It needs a mane.
1 more thing, the legs are a bit wide.

I hope that didn't sound too harsh...just some tips to help you draw a better horse. Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: