Qbasicnews.com
November 12, 2019, 11:10:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XML documentation?  (Read 2153 times)
Dantheman10110
Forum Regular

« on: July 03, 2004, 09:11:18 PM »

Does this site create an XML page of it's new posts or anything? Ive seen it done at places like "slashdot.com" and i was wonderin if it is done here.
If so, i'd make a program to read the XML and post a link for the new post in a little pop-up window on the system tray. I always have trouble remembering to visit and see if there are any new posts.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 11:31:42 PM »

Quote from: "Dantheman10110"
Does this site create an XML page of it's new posts or anything? Ive seen it done at places like "slashdot.com" and i was wonderin if it is done here.
If so, i'd make a program to read the XML and post a link for the new post in a little pop-up window on the system tray. I always have trouble remembering to visit and see if there are any new posts.

phpBB doesn't, but there's an rss mod you can install.  We use it at qbtk.  I'll find the link for how to install it if there's interest.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Jofers
Been there, done that

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 11:48:07 PM »

Actually, there was a XML Wildcard used for qb45 back when he was admin, and later when it was 'nuked.

I would PM him for the page, it's around here somewhere.
Jofers
Been there, done that

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 11:51:13 PM »

ah, yes, here we go:
http://qbasicnews.com/newsfeed.php

(erm, sorry about the double-post, wasn't thinking)

It should be easy enough to parse, or just slap on your page if you so choose.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: