Qbasicnews.com
July 04, 2020, 03:35:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Character Design...  (Read 4542 times)
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« on: July 03, 2004, 09:35:48 PM »

I have been working on a new character design for a comic, and have a few sketches layed out.  and i finally found someone with a scanner :wink:  Here the the sketches:

Happy Husky (his name is Husky):

Embarrassed Husky:

Husky Looking at something:

and Husky Himself!:

Comments or critiques would be nice.  and the first three were supposed to be just heads.  they were concepts for the characters emotions.

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 09:58:59 PM »

Woah.... Didn't see THAT one coming....

He's a man?   That's crazy..  Good job though.  I couldn't draw that well.  Keep in mind, all you crazy critique-y folks, that this IS a  C O M I C... and therefore some disporportion is ALLOWED.  Not that I see any, but you know, some other people might...

GJ :bounce:

ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls.  The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote from: "Haye, Phillip J."
 Excellent.  Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 11:16:33 PM »

i think it's cute. Cant wait to see the other characters Cheesy

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
whitetiger0990
__/--\__

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 11:52:54 PM »

*points at Riannon, then taps on his own forehead, then nods*

The picture of the body could use some work though Cheesy

[size=10]Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.[/size]
Jofers
Been there, done that

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 12:16:41 AM »

A wolf boy.  Nice.  Just one thing though - he looks, well, general.  Most characters have some kind of characteristic that makes them stand out.  Maybe you could have some kind of looney-tunes deal where there aren't two of any animal (female counterparts aside), but usually there has to be something about him, maybe something distinct on his shirt or something he has on his head.  You know, the little somethin'
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 11:22:35 AM »

the whole idea is that he's not going to look like every other character.  in other words, all the other characters will have distinct traits, but he won't.  he'll be the average joe kinda deal.

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 12:06:02 PM »

I dislike humanized animals the most, but the sketches are really good. You're such an artist.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 12:13:34 PM »

Thanks Cheesy

Bluffer
Guru

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 04:21:49 PM »

Quote from: "na_th_an"
I dislike humanized animals the most, but the sketches are really good. You're such an artist.

pisture looks good  Cool

Out of ure curiosity can I ask why ?
I mean to say is it religon or just the disbeleif?

I always liked the horseman

A horse body & human head & arms like on one of my favorite movies , Harry Potter & the sorcerers stone .
(Even though my complete all time favorite movie was the Matrix Cool

unescape.com
Massive online role playing game
Free to play
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 05:28:44 PM »

well, this character is infact anthromorphic.  he is not half man half wolf, he is just a 'personified' wolf (so to speak).  I myself am a big fan of furs (furries) and wish to have a career in animation with them some day.  Thats why i'm strating to draw them now (before i just admired others furry art) and will hopefully be skilled enough in the future to have such a career. Cheesy

speedlemon
I hold this place together

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 09:35:43 PM »

well thats a good drawing. can't wait to see more characters and the final product. Cool
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 03:27:27 AM »

I dislike humanized animals the most

Yet you like Garfield.  :roll:

The problem with "furries" is not the artwork, but the concept itself. Quoting the world wide internerd...

A "Furry" in its most base definition is a funny animal taken seriously. Most people who enjoy furries reference Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny as their first Furry encounter, showing it is less about art and more about strange animals. However, furries don't exist in real life, so the only place to truly accept and revel in their love for animals is in animation, where time and space is suspended for that one nice piece of tail to laugh and giggle and give you that "come hither" look. This is where Anime comes into play for the Furry, as there is no more acceptable forum to express your fantasmical imagi-nation for the greater good of a fetish.

Now, that's the basic meaning of the word Furry. However, it means much more than that, as it describes an entire subculture of artwork. Furthermore, please do not confuse Furry with a Furry-Lover. Yeah, there's a difference. Furry-Lovers are the people who enjoy Furry Art. These people are the BETTER of the two terms. Why? Furry, when used as a noun or adjective, is denoting someone who actually believes they are an animal in some way, shape, or form. They're the ones who consider having plastic surgery to get ears and a tail, or whatever. They run around on their forums and explain how they were a cat in a past life or just like fucking their own dog(!!).

...and then most of the furry fandom ARE Furry-Lovers that use costumes and draw furry crap among other things. And talking about the drawings, EVERY, and I really mean EVERY and ALL styles reduces to the same, stagnant and bastardized Disney-esque style, that's it, and for short: every "furry artist" ends drawing the same thing, in the same pose, the same style and (almost) the same character (re-read what Jofers said and you might understand what's my point). And then you see

and you end giving up all hope on humanity.

About the sketches, yes, these are fine examples of your drawing abilities indeed, but I'll pray to God in his heaven and Satan in his hell to help you avoid the "paws" of "furryness".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstract of this: Great arwork. Don't become a "furry", though.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 01:13:15 PM »

hahaha.  heavens no!  I'm nothing like those *AC freaks =P  I just enjoy this style of art.  as for it all being the same, thats one persons opinion, not the truth.  although my art is a very good example of a generic furry picture, that doesn't mean thats the only style i have for this type of art.  

i infact visit a site (happens to be the largest furry fandom base) where i'm in a minority that doesn't dress up in a suit and lose all touch with reality.  I just enjoy drawing furries Cheesy

*AC = AnthroCon, big convention somewhere where all the freaks dress up as animals and hump each other :barf:

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 01:13:29 PM »

Quote from: "Hexadecimal Disaster"
I dislike humanized animals the most

Yet you like Garfield.  :roll:

Garfield aint exactly humanised Wink

I would consider Nathan is meaning more like a animal with a human's body.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2004, 01:53:28 PM »

Exactly, that's what I mean Cheesy Your na_th_an to english kung fu is getting strong! Cheesy

There's no why, I guess it has to do with what you like and dislike Wink But I still think that it is a great artwork.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: