Qbasicnews.com
December 10, 2019, 08:26:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Google's G-Mail  (Read 19973 times)
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004, 12:10:56 AM »

Now here I was being happy with my 6MB yahoo limit.  But they increase it to 100MB.  I knda like the 6mb limit as it makes my mails easier to manage., :*)

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 02:44:05 AM »

See?  Rel finds a something bad with the 100 mb limit in yahoo.  just create a bunch of folders i guess, rel.  It's the only way i can think of managing it easily.  either that or switch to a new email that has a low limit. Wink

i myself wouldn't mind getting a g-mail.  If someone gets an invite (or 3) could they send me one?  It'd be nice to store large files in.  It'd certainly make it easier to send myself pictures/files/programs without having to delete a large majority of my email first. Cheesy

Jumping Jahoolipers!
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 02:57:13 AM »

Having all that space isn't such a bad thing with gmail because it has the built in search feature.  You can leave every message and then search for something if you need it later.

Screenshots and Gmail facts:

http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html

Quote from: "barok"
i myself wouldn't mind getting a g-mail.  If someone gets an invite (or 3) could they send me one?  It'd be nice to store large files in.  It'd certainly make it easier to send myself pictures/files/programs without having to delete a large majority of my email first. Cheesy

You could always use some kind of free hosting service *cough* http://quickhost.tk *cough* to move those files/pictures/programs

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
aardvark

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004, 11:25:57 AM »

Why do you people want an inbox that big?  It's got more MB than my hard drive!  What are you going to do with it, run a-bomb simulations?

In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams."   -- "Dilbert"
Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2004, 12:24:11 PM »

I got gmail! It is indeed nifty...

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2004, 01:17:21 PM »

Yeah, I figured it out.... LOL  I had no idea this was so popular.  last I heard of it was like a rumor on these very forums like 3 months ago... and then allofasudden I have it and everyone else wants it....

If you go on Ebay there's people selling invites, lol.

ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls.  The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote from: "Haye, Phillip J."
 Excellent.  Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Hard Rock
I hold this place together

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2004, 02:44:50 PM »

If anyones sending invites i wouldnt mind one Smiley

Btw Hotmail announced an upgrade of 250 MB in the fall. To bad it still sucks Wink I dont mind the yahoo update though, looks a lot nicers. and cleaner.

b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
speedlemon
I hold this place together

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2004, 02:47:28 PM »

*steps in line for an invite
seph
Na_th_an

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2004, 06:53:55 PM »

id love to jump on the bandwagon and ask for one, but i keep thinking, "whats wrong with seph at blissdev dot com?" i mean, seriously, id love to have one cjuz its popular and new, but mine suits me fine. devbliss is a kickass guy. lets me use his site however! i really dont understand it...

earn.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2004, 11:59:43 PM »

Here's the order of how people asked for invites:

mech
bluffer
rockuman
oracle
barok
hard rock
speedlemon
seph

I will be inviting in this order.  Others with gmail, I invite you to do the same.  Considering if we give them out to people, eventually they get invites.  So we can easily feed everyone in this thread.  Just don't sell your free invites, as you are only getting them through generousity anyway.

Also, if anyone else wants them, step in line by posting.  If you are on this list and have gmail now, post that also.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2004, 01:04:39 AM »

Quote from: "sumojo"
Here's the order of how people asked for invites:

mech
bluffer
rockuman
oracle
barok
hard rock
speedlemon
seph

I will be inviting in this order.  Others with gmail, I invite you to do the same.  Considering if we give them out to people, eventually they get invites.  So we can easily feed everyone in this thread.  Just don't sell your free invites, as you are only getting them through generousity anyway.

Also, if anyone else wants them, step in line by posting.  If you are on this list and have gmail now, post that also.

Well, since I'm within the first three, I'll be glad to help pass them around, assuming it works that way...
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2004, 01:31:24 AM »

I'd just stick to the order of the thread, but they're your invites.

Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2004, 02:25:49 AM »

Yeah, that's what I meant... I'd assume you'd announce the people who received invites as you hand them out, and then I'd just announce the next three that I give out...

Just trying to be helpful, though. I'd think you probably wanted some help giving them out to the most-likely-increasing number of people. Wink
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2004, 02:45:15 AM »

Quote from: "Rockuman"

Yeah, that's what I meant... I'd assume you'd announce the people who received invites as you hand them out, and then I'd just announce the next three that I give out...

Just trying to be helpful, though. I'd think you probably wanted some help giving them out to the most-likely-increasing number of people. Wink

Well as I'd probably finish most of the people before others would get theirs.  But if there were a lot more people that asked to be on the list, then yes, it would grow exponentially.

zshzn

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2004, 04:17:14 AM »

Well I'd like to step in line as well, if that's alright. But since I probably won't end up getting an invite since this is a long list indeed, does anybody have any insider information as to when gmail is going to come out for everbody? Perhaps they will just let it spread by invites?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: