Qbasicnews.com
November 28, 2021, 12:09:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: The Best Gaming Library is by far..  (Voting closed: May 31, 2002, 04:13:16 AM)
Future Library - 5 (71.4%)
CosmoX - 0 (0%)
Blast - 1 (14.3%)
GSLib - 0 (0%)
UGL - 1 (14.3%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best Gaming Library is...  (Read 8434 times)
R@dioman
Ancient QBer

« on: May 24, 2002, 04:13:16 AM »

This poll will run for 7 days. Let me know your opinion everybody. One vote only please.  Smiley

Joakim

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2002, 09:18:30 AM »

You should really include UGL in there.
Hard Rock
I hold this place together

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2002, 10:30:30 AM »

BLAST!!!!!

Why isnt it in there? Its perfect for what i need, small, efficient and not to much crap in there.

But them ive never used any other lib except my own so i wouldnt know how they are( i have them all though)

b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
BlueKeyboard
Wandering Guru

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2002, 10:40:18 AM »

I think you forgot GSLib.

meritmonster

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2002, 04:50:35 PM »

I hate libs ( :evil: ), and I have good reason.  They always seem to muck up my program.
What I usually use them for is like a title routine or loading an image from a bmp file or something, then close it and use pure QB...  (pure QB, that kinda sounds like the name of a library...)
I usually use DQB Smiley
R@dioman
Ancient QBer

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2002, 05:31:52 PM »

Added some library choices I forgot on the poll.

Hard Rock
I hold this place together

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2002, 06:29:37 PM »

I hate libs (  ), and I have good reason. They always seem to muck up my program.

You sure? I just picked up blast as  a last minute addition becuase fricken bqlb45.lib kept conflicitng with cm.lib so i couldnt use any of my c written double buffer routines(well not at a reasonable speed anyways) and have had no problems(70 fps constant to:)).
Except maybe a slight fear at running out of available mem as when i compile i  have 4k free, not good.

b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
wizardlife
Na_th_an

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2002, 10:20:44 PM »

Bah. I couldn't be bothered learning all the commands in a lib. I learned enough DQB to make a sweet pitfall clone, but that's it. Stick to pureqb, and when you want to move on, learn C++.

mike

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2002, 03:28:10 AM »

where can I get some of these LIB's?
PirahnaXP

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2002, 04:37:11 AM »

There was one good lib for qbasic that's lasted a good 10 years  on my hard drive .It  called QLIB 2 it was (formerly known as VSPRITES). It has easy to use routines like LOADPCX
.FADEOUT AND FADEIN, GETBLOCK, PUTBLOCK and PUTSHAPE .The functions automatically allocates memory. PUTSHAPE is nice because you drawyour sprite with a black background and you have transpanent sprites. You cant find this lib anymore on the webI  think  im the only one that has it in the world.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2002, 01:44:11 PM »

Why don't you share that lib with us, piranha? I'm very interested on collecting such jewels.

Ah, for the poll, I like DirectQB the best 'cause I think it is the most complete and the most well arranged, but it has two weak points:

* It isn't the fast library, definitely.
 * EMS is not supported by Win XP in a correct way so...

I really have expectations on Rellib, 'cause it is damn fast and will include XMS support.

Anyway, when I finish my exams I'll finish spyro and LONG ::: AARJJ! I have my finals in a week!!!!

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: