Qbasicnews.com
July 09, 2020, 03:05:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick reply  (Read 6528 times)
KiZ
__/--\__

« on: June 08, 2004, 03:52:11 PM »

How about the quick reply mod on qbasic.tk? I find that really useful. What do you guys think? Can we get it installed?

Cheers
whitetiger0990
__/--\__

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 04:36:06 PM »

I guess I wouldn't mind that. It would make things more convient

[size=10]Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.[/size]
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 05:11:36 PM »

I rarely use the normal one anymore, except when I need the special functions. It's also really nice that you can see the other posts like they are when replying. It takes like 5 mins to install, but there are a couple different versions. Check www.phpbbhacks.com

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
speedlemon
I hold this place together

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 08:19:16 PM »

i asked oracle about this in a pm a few weeks back.
this is what he said-

Quote from: "oracle"
No.

For reasons you'll find out soon enough...

or something like that.
anyways i could probably find a use for this as well. but the answer is no. unless he changed his mind.
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 07:19:18 PM »

The answer is still No.

But for different reasons: Quick Reply encourages stupid posts for one. At least with posting on a seperate screen you have to load it first.

I strongly disagree with installing this mod, unless the amount of rubbish one-liners around here decreases. And I think the majority of members here would agree with that sentiment.

Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 08:13:30 PM »

Quote from: "oracle"
The answer is still No.

But for different reasons: Quick Reply encourages stupid posts for one. At least with posting on a seperate screen you have to load it first.

I strongly disagree with installing this mod, unless the amount of rubbish one-liners around here decreases. And I think the majority of members here would agree with that sentiment.

Because spammers don't have patience?

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 09:23:58 PM »

Who said spammers? I said "stupid posts" and "rubbish one-liners". If that's what you mean by spammers, then I'd say that giving them an easier way to add rubbish to the db is not a good idea.

Jonathan Simpson
Forum Regular

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 10:08:44 PM »

I tend to agree... You have to think about what you want to say, and maybe if you really want to say it...  this isn't so if you don't have to "work" at it, as little as that work may be.

onathan Simpson
speedlemon

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 11:42:26 PM »

this is probably a little off topic but onetime, i ate a N64 cart.     <-kinda like this?
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 11:58:35 PM »

Exactly like that.

Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 02:37:47 AM »

If you say the site is already filled with one liners and non topic posts, then your current method to deter them isn't working.  I can agree that it makes posting easier than before, but if people want to post a one liner, they're obviously willing to do it this way.  

Then again, I really don't care.  Just was playing devil's advocate I guess.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 05:28:01 PM »

It's not that one liners are posted, it's that more would be posted with the addition of this mod. If I could get some guarantee that more one-liners would not be posted this mod would be OK, but I can't Sad

speedlemon

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 05:30:01 PM »

how about something that logs how many hours a member spend on qbasic news. and after a period of inactivity, automatically logs you out to prevent inaccurate measurements. :wink:
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 06:33:35 PM »

You, mean, exactly like it is now, just that it's 5 minutes.

And what does that have to do with a Quickreply box?
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 08:19:44 PM »

Well your "online status" is 5 minutes, but you're kept logged in for an hour in terms of last read posts.

But that isn't going to help at all...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: