Qbasicnews.com
January 18, 2020, 08:43:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nebula Engine 2 demo  (Read 4146 times)
Pieslice Productions

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2004, 06:55:26 AM »

ROTT doesn't use 3d maps.
it a 2d 128x128 tile map.

but unlike a typical cell maps, each cell contains more than the tile number, each cell is a data structure.
the have information like foreground, background, metal catwalk, song, level exit etc.

the background contains walls.
as you notice all of the WALLS have same height!

the foreground contains all actors and objects. all cells have a height information which applies to foreground objects. initially no objects can be over each other.

the metal catwalks are done by simply flagging a cell with catwalk marker.

the metal catwalks are indeed fixed-tall, they can be either low. (one cell tall), middle ( was it 2 cells tall?!) or high (level height - 1 tall). if you place a catwalk information over a empty cell, it generates the metal girder style catwalk. if you put it over a metalic  background tile it makes them out of metal. other combos produce a level error.

ll formed pragma
Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2004, 07:07:26 PM »

It's odd - for some reason it keeps going back to the menu after only 5 seconds of playing.

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
nebula

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 10:57:39 AM »

I guess ROTT is the game with the biggest amount of cheat codes ever... there was even a code which enabled the "being drunk"-mode.
Dantheman10110
Forum Regular

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 06:30:57 PM »

There is a ROTT port to a bunch of consoles. I have the dreamcast one. It is so sweet. I'd like to see someone do an openGL port, but I wouldn't count on it. Too bad.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: