Qbasicnews.com
December 09, 2019, 02:42:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum changes  (Read 11910 times)
red_Marvin
Na_th_an

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2004, 04:22:19 AM »

Are there any special rules I have to agree to to join?
(Maybe I should've asked before I requested to join heh...)

Also as stated above i requested to join, but can still not access
the debate forum (time difference<5mins.) does the mods/admins
evaluate me first to check if I'm "suitable" (just wondering, I'm new
to this usergroup stuff)

/post]
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2004, 06:00:06 AM »

---- removed ---- nevermind ;P I understand now
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2004, 07:43:51 AM »

I dont understand. What's the point of restricting the D&D section? So noone gets offended? You cant please everyone, and this little split isnt really getting anyone anywhere. It's silly and as 100101 mentioned in Tech Talk, if it wasnt broke, dont fix it.

Besides, I dont know why all of a sudden this worry about offending people. When most noobs come here for the first time, they either dont post at all, or they just go to the help section, post their question and they are gone. Few stay long enough to even notice there is a general section.  This split into three more sections (as if the forum wasnt large enough already) is just ridiculous.

And if you think that was a complaint, you know what you can do.

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
Ancient Guru

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2004, 08:08:27 AM »

Alas, this is the first time I've had to come in here in the entire time this site has been up, including the time *before* I became a member instead of posting annon.

With this BS going on for no good reason, I can only assume that wildcard has either suffered some mental handycap, or has been influenced by the other admins who think they are the shit and rule the world so are pressuring wildcard into changes (as he said, he *had* to do it).

So, wildcard, if the other admins are saying it 'has' to be done, demod the, this site doesn't need that many admins (one main admin (wildcard) and two assistant admins (whoever)).

Also, the assistant admins should be chosen on thier merit of running other sites and showing they are able to be effective, not 'pick me' or '1'/\/\ uber1337!'  I can think of one admin in particular who has no buisness being one, oracle, since he seems to be the Head Nazis around here.  If he's pressuring you to make changes to the site when it was working perfectly fine, kick his ass out, don't pander to one admin if you will lose the traffic from 3+ members.  Especially don't do it if your income is traffic based.  Is oracle going to make it up by visiting the site more?  Not a snowballs chance in hell.  Is he going to put pressure on for more changes after every victory over you?  It's garunteed.

I *highly* recommend the following changes, you may even want to make a poll out of it to see how the community here feels.  Do you want this site to be known as a democratic or despotic?  Right now it's *very* despotic.

Suggested poll (two really):

Q:  Should the general forum be kept split into 'Tech Talk', 'Misc' and the discussion group 'Discussion and Debates' or reverted back to one forum?
A1)  Kept as three separate.
A2)  Put it back to one!

This one should be done periodically (every month or so):

Q)  Who do you vote for to be an assistant moderator?  Only the two with the highest votes will win:
A1)  blat
A2)  foo
A3)  shiggity-shiggity-shwank
A4)  Barney Rubble

If anyone one says 'who's barney rubble?', then they can't vote ;P

Seriously though, I suggest asking the people who you cater to if they want the changes instead of just making the changes.  I know this is your site, but when you are providing a service, you have to give the people what they want, or they will go to other service providers, simple as that.  It's how buisnesses work.  If you don't deliver what *they* want, *they* go somewhere else.

Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2004, 08:49:46 AM »

WC knows my suggestions, which are simmilar to 1000101's. Instead of limiting what people can post, choose moderators who take care of the problems that are caused when they are caused and not "before", like it has happened.

I mentioned as well that there wasn't any problem, and no need for a change, as I see it.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2004, 09:11:07 AM »

the changes have caused more confusion and trouble than just leaving the general section the way it was. I still dont see anyone posting in favor of the split.

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2004, 10:27:27 AM »

Oh my god.

That's the biggest load of shit.

Since when did you suddenly become worried about people's feelings?  The admins of this site?

W-ao-oo-ww.  Wow.

Screwed this one up bad.

Nice to see you guys make some positive feedback on my last post.  Connecting with your visitors, I guess you call it right?

I'm fed up of this shit here.  I am fed up of writing shit with no response from the fucking one-sided biased admins.  Wildcard, spare me your "oh I am tired of your goodbyes" crap.  You guys have made this a prison.

Goodbye to my friends here, hope I'll see you guys over at TBN, you know where it is.  For those who don't make it, the veterans from when QBN was a good place (Rel, Hex, wizardlife, and other guys), thanks for all your help.  Nice knowing you.

Goodbye,
aetherFox.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2004, 02:47:17 PM »

Ok I've simplfied things now, tech talk/general have been merged back together.

The debate and discussion forum will still continue, and will be the place it was created for.

1000101: I just want to clarify that Oracle and the other admins did not initiate any of the changes. I merely asked their opionions.
Ancient Guru

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2004, 03:30:58 PM »

Be that as it may, Oracle is known to jump on people for 'not following the rules'.

Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
Bluffer
Guru

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2004, 06:41:32 PM »

Quote from: "1000101"
Be that as it may, Oracle is known to jump on people for 'not following the rules'.

There is another admin or whatever you want to call him do that as well .. Not Wildcard I never got a chance to speak to him .
I learned very fast that you dont post news here of anykind without asking someone to do it for you .
I could understand it if the same rule applied to all instead of just certain ones.

& as far as this site Wildcard you done a wonderful job putting it together. Don't let them tear what you built down . Cool

unescape.com
Massive online role playing game
Free to play
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2004, 07:01:27 AM »

Quote from: "wildcard"
Ok I've simplfied things now, tech talk/general have been merged back together.

The debate and discussion forum will still continue, and will be the place it was created for.

1000101: I just want to clarify that Oracle and the other admins did not initiate any of the changes. I merely asked their opionions.

I was gonna ask where Tech Talk is. LOL

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2004, 11:03:08 AM »

Quote from: "Bluffer"
& as far as this site Wildcard you done a wonderful job putting it together. Don't let them tear what you built down . Cool

wildcard didn't put this site together...someone else did. The qbasicnews.com of today has been modified since its inception, though. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is about the added forum, but I did have quite a bit to say about the changes to the forum rules for the General section. Things have been resolved since then, so now people need to just stfu and get on with life. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2004, 12:28:38 PM »

Y'all hear that... DO THIS!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: