Qbasicnews.com
December 06, 2019, 01:17:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum changes  (Read 11909 times)
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« on: May 09, 2004, 05:29:50 PM »

There have been a few changes in the forums. The general forum is being split into several forums and until posts can be transferred it will remain viewable but just not allow new topics to be created in that forum.

The forum rules have been updated: topics that are of a sensitive nature and that which are unrelated such as racisim attacks, religious rants/talks, etc. will be removed as appropriate.

If you have questions or comments you can PM/email them to me via the two buttons at the bottom of this post.
Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 06:33:08 PM »

Me, PJ, and Mech are chatting right now. The bottom line of our convo is, nobody wants this. This is your forum, and I respect your decisions, but I really think you should ask the opinion's of the active members first.

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 06:49:32 PM »

I do ask for comments on things being done. I really didn't want to "remove" the general forum, but was forced to - so as to let the active members feel free to continue to post here. The putting out of action of the general forum does not mean all the posts that were made there were not allowed here, I simply took advice from some of the posters and am making things as clear as possible.
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 06:54:33 PM »

umm....huh?

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 08:23:25 PM »

Quote from: "wildcard"
I do ask for comments on things being done. I really didn't want to "remove" the general forum, but was forced to - so as to let the active members feel free to continue to post here. The putting out of action of the general forum does not mean all the posts that were made there were not allowed here, I simply took advice from some of the posters and am making things as clear as possible.

Forced to?
Nah.
Congratulations, you've lost another member.
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 08:28:54 PM »

I still don't get how the general forum would scare anyone away?

I didn't even read it until I had been visiting QBN for almost a month.

Same goes for Art & Music

And I still hardly read the General Programming forum.
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 10:11:56 PM »

Quote from: "Josiah Tobin"

Then if you're leaving because the general forum closed down you obviously wern't here becuase of the other forums, right? Then why were you here in the first place?

Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 10:28:56 PM »

I'm not going to leave, of course, but the removal of the General forum just took away the community part of this forum.

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 10:29:28 PM »

Quote from: "oracle"
Quote from: "Josiah Tobin"

Then if you're leaving because the general forum closed down you obviously wern't here becuase of the other forums, right? Then why were you here in the first place?

I simply left because things were starting to annoy me-- And so I wouldn't feel compelled to post regarding things that pissed me off, hence starting a flame war, etc, etc.
I didn't leave simply because the general forum shut down.
Maybe if things become a bit more... Relaxed around here in the future. But I wasn't here for very long, so I'm sure it's not much of a loss. :wink:
speedlemon
I hold this place together

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 10:44:33 PM »

hey, i left for a while and my ramen thread disappeared. this may or may not have something to do with this.. but the  question remains.
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 02:23:23 AM »

It left because it was completely unrelated to this site Wink. But I think it's still around somewhere (just not visible to you guys). So don't lose all hope Wink

@Josaih: Thanks for being sensible about it Smiley. Your decision is yours to make, of course.

jatos
Ancient QBer

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 03:49:13 AM »

Whatever you do I think that you should have some kind of forum for misc topics; if you don't you would be putting yourself in a position where you are missing a feature that is important part of most of forums.

atos-Software
http://www.datacentertalk.com - interested in how web hosting works? Here the place to go to find out.
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 06:01:47 AM »

You cannot be serious... guys!! Please dont close the general forum! It may be a place that occasionally an arguement or two wil break out, but thats just human nature, isnt it?? I dont see a reason in the world why cosing the general forum is a good idea. A massive part  of the Qmmunity heart has just been lost... in the blink of an eye. This is a mistake, and I reckon that QBnews will suffer greatly in the long term. Please Please Please reconsider your actions.

I have friends here, in this forum. What If I just wanted to tell them about something really interesting that I found, or sme random piece of humor or info. Or maybe a fascinating website that has nothing to do with computers.... where do I put that? Are we banned from discusing topics like that?
jatos
Ancient QBer

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 08:46:46 AM »

Good way to put it dark_prevail! Keep the general either that or put one where people can go off-topic - don't be bearocrats, pardon my spelling.

atos-Software
http://www.datacentertalk.com - interested in how web hosting works? Here the place to go to find out.
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 11:04:49 AM »

The General Forum is what keeps everyone at the forum in the first place. In about 90% of the forums out there, the General Section is most likely to have the highest amount of posts, no matter what the forum is about...

*Splitting the "Tech Talk" and "General" forums? -- Good idea.
*Deactivating the General forum? -- Bad, and probably even pointless.

Honestly... no good can come out of this whatsoever.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: