Qbasicnews.com
December 15, 2019, 11:02:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Forum rules  (Read 11604 times)
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 02:03:15 PM »

Quote from: "Rhiannon"
Quote from: "TheBigBasicQ"
Quote from: "Z!re"
Arrogant?
Idleness? (huh? Care to explain idleness?)

No, I dont have excessive time on my hands as you do.

What does that have to do with anything? :roll:

He asked me to explain and I said I didnt have time to do it. I think it was quite clear.
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 02:37:36 PM »

I think what Rhiannon meant was: What does your posts got to do with anything in this thread, besides bashing me?

Grow up.
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 03:11:10 PM »

That's exactly what i meant. Perhaps he didnt have time to think it thru, being so busy and all.

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 05:24:25 PM »

Quote from: "Rhiannon"
That's exactly what i meant. Perhaps he didnt have time to think it thru, being so busy and all.

Yeah, I forgot.

Apparently he do have time to quote us and say more useless stuff.

[Imagine long [Name here, guess who] bashing post here, I'm just too lazy]

Just saw the misc. forum.

If only the admins would have been clearer about not completely removing the general talk. It did sound like you were transforming this into a pure QB forum, that is, no offtopics, no birthdays aso.

Misc might work, we'll just have to wait and see.

And the reason so many people got upset is because we come here, not only to post about programming, but to "hang" with our friends, and that is kind of hard to do if you're only allowed to talk about one thing.
I have friends here (noone say anything, let me have my imagination left) and I would like to be able to tell them various things, or discuss some every day happening.

I appologize for being so, "harsh" in my previous posts, but ripping apart a big part of the qmunity like that is... well... it's shocking! =)
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 06:07:29 PM »

^^^ That's exactly the type of undercurrent that isn't really helping the forum right now...

For goodness sake, all we ask is that if you've got beef with another member you do it somewhere else instead of dragging topics offtopic...

And I know I'm gonna get a round of "but these things should be in the open" posts, and my reply is: Fine, but not when you're ruining a thread for others! This thread is about "Forum rules discussion", and while it's fine to get offtopic it shouldn't end up off topic because two members are arguing among themselves!

If you two have still got beef with each other, just take it elsewhere, OK?

wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2004, 07:01:38 PM »

New forum for discussion and debate is open. You can access it via going the debate and discussion group in the usergroup section. Any comments and suggestions can posted about it in the thread in that forum or if appropriate here.
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

:Huh:

EDIT:
Never mind, figured it out. *smacks self for being slow*
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2004, 07:12:01 PM »

I'm not sure best how to get a message about joining when that shows up, but I think most will read this until I can fix that.
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2004, 07:14:20 PM »

Perhaps a news entry?

Or in the forum rules?

Is it possible to edit the message itself? So it says: You have to join the group.?

Good idea, about having a group for the discussion forum.
Jonathan Simpson
Forum Regular

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 11:37:01 AM »

I think what most of this comes down to is that without the regulars around, you won't get a whole lot of new users either... so getting everyone mad because of something stupid is a bit... dumb.   I really like this forum, I'd like to be able to hang around, but if things get too out of hand, I'll be gone too.  If people are that sensative to what gets said, then... well... they should chill out a bit.

onathan Simpson
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2004, 01:03:35 AM »

Quote from: "wildcard"
New forum for discussion and debate is open. You can access it via going the debate and discussion group in the usergroup section. Any comments and suggestions can posted about it in the thread in that forum or if appropriate here.

The sad thing here is that these farfetched antics weren't necessary one or two years ago. Something is inherently wrong here, and my humble question is: are you realizing what's the main problem here? No, not that; I'll rephrase: guys, are you realizing what's the REAL problem here?

Discussion group... is that some kind of ritual celebrating adulthood or something like that? Or that's the list of the potencially dangerous elements in the QB society that should be kept sedated and numb? If that's the case, I WANNA BE THERE, DAMMIT!! Gimme a beer while you're at it! Hells yeah!

The problem here is bigger than I ever thought. Sheesh.  Sad

img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2004, 01:19:58 AM »

You're added. Did you find the groupcp to request your addition?

Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2004, 08:20:51 AM »

I think you missed the point oracle.

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2004, 08:42:05 AM »

*SVOOOOSCH!*

What was that?!

Ohh, just a point missing Oracle... lol

Having to join the group is starting to seem more and more "retarded"

How this will attract new members I have no idea.
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2004, 08:52:43 AM »

I myself don't particularly like the *debate* thingy.  I mean we have a *general* section. ;*)

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: