Qbasicnews.com
October 22, 2019, 03:18:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I drew a dog...'s head  (Read 6549 times)
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 08:33:44 AM »

lol nice comic...now finish queerbasic! Tongue

Nice to see you back HD, me hiciste falta Wink

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 08:45:00 AM »

Concert Recess? @Hex

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 10:14:09 PM »

Quote from: "na_th_an"
What I meant is that there is not a special quality who will "make you draw". People with creativity and spatial capacity may or may not learn to draw. Being good at the two previous things doesn't mean that if when you are 15 you take a pencil for the first time you are gonna know how to draw. You have to practice in order to learn. Sure: it will be easier for you 'cause space is better understood in your head, but you need the "ability" in your hands, that is not given. For example, I can't barely make a tie and I am extremely dumb with my hands, I never liked manual work at school and I am horrible in that, but I can play many instruments and draw just 'cause I practiced.

An opinion that I respect, but that doesn't convince me. I think that to draw and to make music is basically the same thing: talent + practice. Any variation on the amount of these factors repercuss on the final product. Smiley

But you can have a "compositor's" mind, which does not need such amount of training. Compositors are gifted. Surely you need to know some musical theory to compose properly, but you can also compose without it.

Yep, but to know the theory behind everything helps a lot. And I'm talking by experience. Both in music and artworks.

Btw, nice to talk to you again, HD.

Ah, the pleasure is mine. Kochira koso.  Cool

Quote from: "Rhiannon"
Nice to see you back HD, me hiciste falta

AAAAUUUUUUUUUUUU... HOW CUTE!!!!!!111111111 *weeps*

Quote from: "relsoft"
Concert Recess? @Hex

Nein, mein Freund. Just passing by. I /still/ need a new job, though.  :roll:

*sigh*

img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2004, 09:03:30 AM »

Tired of Cobol?

Cheesy

Hah.  I thought Qbasic *is* old.

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2004, 10:16:10 PM »

I need a new job too... I'm tired of smoking flux! :lol:

Seriously though...

I can play the guitar like an alien on crack or sculpt an overly-complicated idea, but I can barely draw a shtick man holding a shtick! I'm not sure what spatial capacity has to do with sculpting, but it can't be too much. I was good at that the first time I tried it and I can't draw at all, no matter how much I try to practice.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 12:07:48 AM »

The hard part is having the training to be able to translate 3D objects to 2D, and that they still look right. Another hard part (even harder) is choosing the correct amount of lines, not too much, not too little. Drawing the exact number of lines is something that only masters can do right.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2004, 02:13:03 AM »

For those words...I can only offer this...I am a master of miniscule sketch!  :lol:
aardvark

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2004, 07:59:03 AM »

Well, the extent of my drawing ability is still making flipbooks in modern history Wink.  They tend to be influenced on the current topic, so I end up with flipbooks about the Crimean War or whatever...
but somehow they always involve someone getting: crushed, shot, pushed off a cliff, poisoned, exploded, imploded, strangled, stabbed, or various other kinds of poorly-animated violence.  Because it just wouldn't be a stick animation without it!

In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams."   -- "Dilbert"
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: