Qbasicnews.com
October 20, 2019, 09:14:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Behold my newest artwork for “Frantic Journey”. You ready?  (Read 11693 times)
Ancient Guru

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2004, 10:43:05 PM »

Quote from: "oracle"
Be reminded that personal insults aren't tolerated here. Keep the talk on the picture, please.

a)  I wasn't insulting, I was stating opinion; and,
b)  The topic *was* on the picture.

As to 'tolerating' anything.  The very fact that you suggest censorship simply because you see something in a post that you don't like is very insulting to *me*.

Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2004, 10:44:56 PM »

Quote from: "1000101"
Quote from: "oracle"
Be reminded that personal insults aren't tolerated here. Keep the talk on the picture, please.

a)  I wasn't insulting, I was stating opinion; and,
b)  The topic *was* on the picture.

As to 'tolerating' anything.  The very fact that you suggest censorship simply because you see something in a post that you don't like is very insulting to *me*.

And your the 4th person to feel this way tonight.  

http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=5969

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2004, 11:39:07 PM »

To all of you once more:

Quote from: "From the beginning of my previous post in this thread, I"
To 1000101 again:

Pardon me.  At first, I didn’t know what you were really saying or meant, specifically.  ( Shocked )  Touching base right now tonight, I am gonna get plain real with myself and thank you *much* richly on what you were really trying to say from your last post, man.  ;*) !

Actually, to be more clear and precise here, I was *really* talking only about the comment that 1000101 himself said which was:

You are a hell of a lot better artist in free-hand drawing then I could ever hope to be.

That is all now.  Catch ‘ya later.  Cheesy

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2004, 01:11:35 AM »

Zack: Pointless one-liners are spam. That's against the rules. In addition, no one likes a kiss-ass or an AOL-wanabe "me-tooer". Your comment was completely unnecessary and out-of-line. I'm not saying anyone else's wasn't, but yours was just the most annoying of them all. :evil:

Adigun: My personal suggestion for the picture would be to finish her face. She'd look a lot more human that way. I'm all for endowments and everything, so don't get me wrong Cheesy but her face needs some completion...she looks more like a pit fiend than a planetary protector (in case anyone's wondering...pit fiends are scary, very powerful minions of the underworld who serve the highest of arch-devils in some mythologies...primarily, they're consorts to Asmodeus and Mephistoles).

Anyone still reading this thread: I'm going to post one of the new movies for the new WOS really soon...all 3D rendered goodness. Cheesy Hopefuly more people will start using this art forum for actually displaying art...

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Ancient Guru

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2004, 04:16:18 AM »

Quote from: "adosorken"
she looks more like a pit fiend than a planetary protector

More like a fallen planetar then a pit fiend, but then, why does she (it?) have to be 'humanified'?  Can't a being which protects the world *not* be akin to a human?  Why not a donkey or a lhama?  While she is humanoid, it doesn't mean she's supposed to be human.

Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2004, 09:14:48 AM »

It's his prerogative to make her whatever he likes. It's his art anyways.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

I kinda like women with large breasts though.  Cheesy

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2004, 09:29:45 AM »

if the breasts are the most prominent feature of the drawing, he shouldnt be shocked if people comment about it. And if it looks like Mother Gaia then it does. It's hard to draw a goddess and then call her something other than that.

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2004, 10:45:51 AM »

Zack: Pointless one-liners are spam. That's against the rules. In addition, no one likes a kiss-ass or an AOL-wanabe "me-tooer". Your comment was completely unnecessary and out-of-line. I'm not saying anyone else's wasn't, but yours was just the most annoying of them all. :evil:

Since when is agreeing supposed to be "pointless?" I'm all for the one-liner rule, but "pointless" in this case is, by my opinion, incorrect. Whenever I'm posting short snippets, I always consider whether it will be thought of as a one-liner. I was just stating my affirmation to what Oracle said - stop insulting the PERSON, start commenting on the PICTURE.

Adigun - I like it. The eyes are a bit scary (empty, and all), but that might've been the point. Bad guy or good guy (or should I say...woman)? Again, as someone mentioned, it's very smoothe...too smoothe.
The breasts shouldn't be overlapping each other like that - makes them look crooked.
And the arms are too rounded.
That's all - the hair, body shape, I love. I like the background, too, but that isn't the question. Nice. I look forward to seeing this in a game. Smiley

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2004, 12:06:20 PM »

What's that blue/white globe thing with the pipe coming out of the top anyways? A satellite or something?  :Huh:

The arms do come off the shoulders a bit weirdly. The fingers might look a bit weird at first, but there's a lot of artists who draw fingers like that when depicting either heavenly or infernal entities. The only real problem with this depiction is that she looks more like an infernal than anything else, and if she's supposed to be a "good girl", then umm...well, she needs some tweaking. Cheesy

Crono

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2004, 02:42:01 PM »

What's that blue/white globe thing with the pipe coming out of the top anyways? A satellite or something?

I think it's a ship coming towards you.
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2004, 04:33:15 PM »

Quote from: "Crono"
What's that blue/white globe thing with the pipe coming out of the top anyways? A satellite or something?

I think it's a ship coming towards you.

Ohh!
I see it now. Tongue
speedlemon
I hold this place together

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2004, 06:49:01 PM »

[...]Hopefuly more people will start using this art forum for actually displaying art...

as far as i know, they are. recently lots of people have been posting their music(believe it or not, music is art.), this post, and drawing for avatars are the most recent. i missed the part where this forum is meant only to show artwork.
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2004, 09:44:37 AM »

After playing Zed Blade(Neo Geo) last night, she somehow is patterned off the valkerie at the last stage.

AAP: Can you confirm?

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2004, 11:12:34 AM »

Quote from: "speedlemon"
as far as i know, they are. recently lots of people have been posting their music(believe it or not, music is art.), this post, and drawing for avatars are the most recent. i missed the part where this forum is meant only to show artwork.

Don't be a smartass. It only shows immaturity. What I meant was that people should actually use this forum more often. There are a lot of talented people in the Qmunity, and they should be proud of their work and show it off here.

relsoft: Zed Blade rocks! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2004, 11:13:47 AM »

AAP: Very nice pic =). Very.....err....natural :wink:
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: