Qbasicnews.com
July 04, 2020, 09:29:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Challenges forum doesn't work.  (Read 15589 times)
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2004, 06:21:05 PM »

Quote from: "Mech1031"
Don't fix it if it aint broken. there is nothing 'wrong' with Internet Explorer.

i don't think this qualifies me being wrong, so don't jump to conclusions so quickly next time.  what i said in my first post is what ive been saying in everypost.  you were just to blind to see it :-?

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2004, 07:02:30 PM »

IE is far from perfect web-standard wise. In that sense, it *is* broken. But you wouldn't care about that, because you don't know the difference. Anyone using subOracle in IE who then changes to Firefox will notice a difference for the better - that's what I try to do with all my designs.

Again, it's simply lazyness that prevents so many people from having a better experience. Firefox is only a 4.7 meg download for windows... so near, but yet so far.

Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2004, 07:08:39 PM »

nothing is perfect oracle.  firefox is not perfect (no matter how much you want it to be).  calling someone lazy for not downloading it is just wrong.  do you close-minded simpletons realize yet that your only argument is "i use it and M$ sucks so use it cause its the coolest and better.  you don't need toolbarz cause its got built in stuffs.".  Nek and Nath have been saying it all along and i'm suprised nobody else has picked up on it.

and as i said before, i do know the difference.  i have 'used' firefox.  i prefer internet explorer.  if i used linux, that doesn't mean i have to like it or use it all the time.  i'd still be comfortable with windows so i wouldn't want to use linux.  its not a question of which is better, its more of a matter of noby cares about what browser anybody uses!  it simply doesn't matter.

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2004, 07:36:58 PM »

But the difference is that IE is maybe at 60% compliance where Firefox is at 90%. It's large enough for me to have to worry about it every time I write a webpage, which is all the time. It would be nice if Microsoft released some sort of patch to fix some of the major errors (transparency in PNGs, float/fixed positioning, padding woes and form handling), but they won't. A guy is working on what he calls "IE7" that fixes some of these bugs - the least you guys could do would be to download *that* when it's ready.

I understand if you like your current program, but don't hesitate to upgrade it when you can and at least give some other browsers a go. Try using Firefox for a whole week (visit this site to get plugins you need and to see how incorrectly IE works) just to see if you *can* like it. If not, fine, but saying that you hate it and you're not going to use it because you tried it for 10 minutes isn't really that fair.

Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2004, 08:06:13 PM »

i've been using firefox .8 for about 3 weeks now.  i just recently tried to get firefox .9 and kept getting errors when i try to load it.  i didn't do anything but install it and i got the error and it wouldn't load.  some browser :wink:  i didn't say i hate it, i'm saying i prefer IE.  the only thing that makes me real annoyed with firefox is the input feilds having the bold outline and the non-blinking cursor.

oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2004, 08:09:37 PM »

You can change the input fields. Simply find the default stylesheet and change them there Wink

Though I don't know what the problem is with .9. Did you get the beta or the proper version?

Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2004, 08:18:05 PM »

i clicked on your link in your sig to get it.  so i got that version.

oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2004, 08:28:11 PM »

That's just a link to the firefox homepage, so *when* you clicked it would be better info Wink.

Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2004, 08:48:29 PM »

well.  it wasn't the beta version.  and i still found some problems.  even after i uninstalled everything, it doesn't work.  i can still get .8 to work but i would have liked to explore .9 a bit more than 0 seconds.

oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2004, 08:49:57 PM »

Hmmm, well I can't help you Sad. Besides, the changelog isn't too impressive, one major bug fix (which is a fix of a feature you probably don't use anyway) and a few minor ones. And many people are moaning about the new theme...

Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2004, 09:02:16 PM »

well, i got safe mode to work properly.  is safe mode any different than the regular mode?

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2004, 07:37:56 AM »

Quote from: "Mech1031"
do you close-minded simpletons realize yet that your only argument is "i use it and M$ sucks so use it cause its the coolest and better.  you don't need toolbarz cause its got built in stuffs."

Oh my god. do you really think any of us here are that shallow? You are deluded if you think so. I for one actually like Microsoft. I think the produce good products and usually hate people who disrespect them just because Windows has the occasional bug etc.
And there is no reason for you to insult users of Firefox like that. I thought you were more mature.

I use Firefox because:

1. It is more refined, and has tools that make surfing easier.
2. I like the themes it provides
3. I like the way it has everything I need for surfing incorporated.

So get over it.

Don't fix it if it aint broken. there is nothing 'wrong' with Internet Explorer.

You also say that this is what you have beeen saying the entire time. Do you not think I realised that? And look at what you are saying: You are saying there is no point in Firefox because IE is just as good. It isnt, im afraid. It has more, is faster (for me) and is generally just a really good web browser. If you cant see the advantages, then you are blind.
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2004, 07:47:26 AM »

I like that firefox shows text inside the tables, even before the whole table is downloaded. IE doesn't do that, and it can be extremly anoying on poorly designed big pages.

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: