Qbasicnews.com
July 04, 2020, 08:51:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Challenges forum doesn't work.  (Read 15588 times)
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2004, 08:32:37 PM »

Also, when you've been using the same browser for more than five years it's difficult to change. New keyboard shortcuts, new locations of the options in the menu...

M$ are suckers 'cause they integrated IE with Windows so tightly, but that makes it more comfy to use, as Fling said. Configuring your proxy settings, for example, makes the settings work for the whole OS, as it links directly with "Internet Settings" in the control panel. And if you have a portable and connect using cable, modem, LAN or wireless each day depending on where you are, this is very important.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2004, 06:04:52 AM »

Actually I was quite pleased to see most of the keyboard shortcuts are the same for firefox. Ie stuff like "Back" is backspace...
mddwebboy

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2004, 12:29:48 AM »

wow.... if this isn't drifting off subject, nothing is!

hey, I just changed a lightbulb. got anything to say about it?
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2004, 04:52:14 AM »

That is in moz too, hit F6, type address, and hit alt-enter, and you get a new tab. Ctrl-click a link, and it opens in a new tab.

Edit: Ok, stupid me. That was a reply to SumoJos post on the first page  :roll:

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2004, 04:25:12 PM »

or just middle click and it opens in a new window. thats one one the most useful aspects of firefox.
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2004, 04:27:51 PM »

Don't fix it if it aint broken.  there is nothing 'wrong' with Internet Explorer.  why download a new browser when the one you have works so well?

or just middle click and it opens in a new window. thats one one the most useful aspects of firefox.

alot of people don't have a middle mouse button, so there goes your 'most useful aspect' right down the drain :wink:

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2004, 04:28:41 PM »

Dude. Freaking READ the rest of this thread. it explains the MANY ways that firefox is better. Sheesh.
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2004, 04:30:29 PM »

i don't think you understand much of anything at all...  i didn't say firefox was worse, i said internet explorer works perfectly fine so why change.  i'm not about to buy a mansion just cause its better than my house.  why get a new browser?

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2004, 04:33:53 PM »

Some people drive cars a lot more than others. If you had the choice between a ford fiesta and a Dodge Viper, what would you choose? Some people browse the internet more than others. Im sure they would rather have something which makes that more comfortable then IE. Firefox is more refined than IE. Thus anyone saying that they dont need it obviously either dont surf the net enough to make it a worthwhile download, ot just cant be bothered downloading it. If you havent tried it yet, I suggest you dont make comments about it not being worthwhile.
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2004, 04:41:57 PM »

Some people drive cars a lot more than others. If you had the choice between a ford fiesta and a Dodge Viper, what would you choose? Some people browse the internet more than others. Im sure they would rather have something which makes that more comfortable then IE. Firefox is more refined than IE. Thus anyone saying that they dont need it obviously either dont surf the net enough to make it a worthwhile download, ot just cant be bothered downloading it. If you havent tried it yet, I suggest you dont make comments about it not being worthwhile.

hahaha!  I don't get you.  if your reffering to a dodge viper as being firefox and a fiesta being IE, then your really saying IE is better.  fiestas are one of the most reliable cars i have ever seen, a dodge viper on the other hand requires a hell of a lot more matinence.  i understand it was just a comparison but it was a bad one :wink:

secondly, you say for people who browse the internet more often should use firefox?  why?  internet explorer is fine.  i browse the internet for about 6 hours a weekday cause i have almost nothing better to do, and i think internet explorer is just fine.

why do you asume that i havn't tried firfox?  i have tried it and personally didn't feel like getting used to using it.  i just always felt more comfortable using IE.  

P.S.  i would choose the fiesta to drive, and the viper to sit in my garage.  (e.g.  Use IE to browse the web, and use FireFox when veiwing a page IE can't (highly unlikely))

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2004, 04:51:03 PM »

Quote from: "Mech1031"
hahaha!  I don't get you.  if your reffering to a dodge viper as being firefox and a fiesta being IE, then your really saying IE is better.  fiestas are one of the most reliable cars i have ever seen, a dodge viper on the other hand requires a hell of a lot more matinence.  i understand it was just a comparison but it was a bad one :wink:

actually I was refering to how comfortable. Im sure a Dodge viper has a much more luxiurious and comfortable interior than a Fiesta.

secondly, you say for people who browse the internet more often should use firefox?  why?  internet explorer is fine.  i browse the internet for about 6 hours a weekday cause i have almost nothing better to do, and i think internet explorer is just fine.

I find Firefox a lot more helpful. First of all - it has a built in popup blocker. No need to download any toolbars for that. It also has a download manager. Again, very useful. No extra programs needed. You can open up seperate tabs within firefox to surf the web. No need to open up a whole new IE window just to view two pages at once.  :roll:  I could go on and on.

why do you asume that i havn't tried firfox?  i have tried it and personally didn't feel like getting used to using it.  i just always felt more comfortable using IE.

My bad. I assumed you hadnt. Maybe you are like the person who prefers their reliable little Ford Fiesta. I, on the other hand prefer a car(browser) more suited to my needs.
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2004, 04:58:55 PM »

actually I was refering to how comfortable. Im sure a Dodge viper has a much more luxiurious and comfortable interior than a Fiesta.

you'd be surprised, the interior of a viper is practically plastic :lol:

I find Firefox a lot more helpful. First of all - it has a built in popup blocker. No need to download any toolbars for that. It also has a download manager. Again, very useful. No extra programs needed. You can open up seperate tabs within firefox to surf the web. No need to open up a whole new IE window just to view two pages at once.  I could go on and on.

two words,  "Google Toolbar".  it has all of those functions (except the tabs).  and you seem to be focusing on the fact that its a hastle to download.  you download it once (takes like 2 minutes max) and then its there forever.  thats alot easiear than downloading an entire new browser Smiley

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2004, 05:02:30 PM »

Huh Since when did the google toolbar incorporate a whole download manager?! And my point is still there, Firefox is more refined. You dont have to download anything to make it better. It doesnt need to be better.
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2004, 05:07:25 PM »

Huh Since when did the google toolbar incorporate a whole download manager?! And my point is still there, Firefox is more refined. You dont have to download anything to make it better. It doesnt need to be better.

oops.  i forgot about that download thingy.  i don't actually download stuff that often anyway.  and when i do, i have no complaints.  and you have to 'download' firefox to get firefox (if your running windows).  Internet Explorer doesn't 'need' to be better either.  so my point still stands, that doesn't make me close minded, ive just 'made up my mind'.

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2004, 05:51:46 PM »

Quote from: "Mech1031"

oops.  i forgot about that download thingy.  i don't actually download stuff that often anyway.  and when i do, i have no complaints.  and you have to 'download' firefox to get firefox (if your running windows).  Internet Explorer doesn't 'need' to be better either.  so my point still stands, that doesn't make me close minded, ive just 'made up my mind'.

Ok. You've made up your mind. That doesnt mean that Firefox is any less good. And it doesnt mean that there's no point in it, like you meant in your first post here. Unfortunately, you were wrong. Just accept it.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: