Qbasicnews.com
July 04, 2020, 08:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should there be a "Report to the administrator" button available on each thread?  (Voting closed: April 12, 2004, 10:33:07 PM)
Yes, absolutely - 4 (30.8%)
No, we don't need it. - 4 (30.8%)
It might be a good idea, but it isn't very important (basically: Don't Care) - 5 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should QBN have a "Report" button?  (Read 2830 times)
Zack
*/-\*

« on: April 07, 2004, 10:33:07 PM »

This topic came up after I posted about how I find some sorts of thread titles very useless, annoying, and time-wasting.
Should we have a "Report" button to click on each thread, so the administrators could direct their attention to threads getting out of hand?
Anyway, the report button would be expirimental at first. That is, if (using the excellent point Rockuman brought up) people started reporting threads just because the poster annoyed them, we could just ditch it.
Anyway, this runs for five days, starting at about 9:30 PM, April 07th, GMT -5:00.

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Fling-master
I hold this place together

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 10:36:48 PM »

I don't think we really need it. Just PM one of the admins and we can take a look.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 11:29:45 PM »

It works for larger forums (where there are millions of threads and mods have a harder time keep track), but I doubt it's very necessary for a forum of this size.  I voted that I didn't care either way.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Plasma
Na_th_an

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 12:10:14 AM »

Man, you punks need to quit whining and start programming. Always complaining about something stupid...
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 09:52:23 AM »

Plasma: Damn straight!  Get your buts off to QB. Now! Dont make me come over with my mop and start harassing you to stop whining! Dont make me!
Rhiannon
Been there, done that

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 12:53:34 PM »

*claps for Plasma* About time someone said something useful. If people spent more time coding and less time bitching, we'd really see some great products here.  Tongue

igitalblackie.com - Done! Smiley Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smiley
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

ive noticed that alot of people just joined the forum to "be a part of the forum."  i have seen no works in progress or finished products from quite a few members.  i'd also like to add that people should post in the projects section "Who wants to" and "I'm starting a ____, who wants in."  we would probably see some amazing things this way. Cool

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 12:31:26 PM »

Although I agree with Plasma, since we are on the topic I feel this system is unnecessary. But if the community is bent on implementing it we could implement a system like they have on eBay.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: