Qbasicnews.com
April 07, 2020, 11:05:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you get music...  (Read 5054 times)
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 01:57:39 PM »

Quote from: "Zack"
Orrr...how about MP3? I've never seen an MP3 player for QB, it would be interesting.
Does anyone have any info about how MP3s are packed?

I have heard a conversation about this before, and it was firmly decided that Mp3s require too much processing power to decode and play, and so are not at all feasable in QB.
Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 05:43:17 PM »

Quote from: "R@dioman"
Check out Plasma's Ems tutorials on EMS programming. Part 2 explains how to load 8-bit mono sounds into Ems and playing them back using the dsp chip, so it doesn't interfere with your program.
http://www.ultimateqb.com/tutorials.html

Holy ****! That's long!  How would I insert all of that into my game?  Also when I try to use it, it says "advanced feature unavailable".  I'm using Windows 95 while making the game.  Why couldn't the program just be something like....
open...wav file
play
close ....
If it's nearly impossible in QB, is there another free programming program?

By the way, how do you make the program start automatically (without pressing F5)?
Make it so only I can get into the actual programming?

Not yet Snake! It's not over yet!
Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 05:53:27 PM »

Yeah. You can compile your code to an EXE, that way nobody can see the code but you, with the uncompiled version. (you need QB 4.5 or higher).

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 08:01:22 PM »

Liquid Snake, I seriously seriously suggest you not only try something simpler before tackling a full game, but you also need to learn fundamentals before you mess with stuff this advanced. You are also using Qbasic, which is a pathetic cut-down version of QB that can barely run Nibbles. Get a copy of QB 4.5. You can get it at QBNZ, oracle's sig is everywhere. Cheesy

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Silent-Death
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 12:02:32 AM »

I agree with adsorken... on terms of making a advanced game. I made a game called Line Run (my first game!  Cheesy ). My god the headaches i went though trying to make that because it was on the border line of my abilty. Well in the end it was worth it. So the moral of the story is only YOU can prevent forest fires.

- I know this post didn't make that much sience, so go put a hit on my head... everyone else has  :wink: .
Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2004, 05:21:21 PM »

LOL, alright.  I won't try to go too advanced. All my game is a text game, all text with some sounds.  I did manage to find a wav player.  With a few modifications I got what I wanted.  I'll admit that the game is going to take a long time to make, but what good game doesn't?

Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2004, 05:39:20 PM »

OK, just to keep this going, I'm doing a double post.  Tell me, what is wrong with this code.  I've been try to just move the dot across the screen, but it doesn't work!  I either get one or two dots not moving!

Code:

screen 13
do
x=50
y=20
pset(x,y), 2
sleep 1
cls
x=x+5
pset(x,y)
sleep 1
cls
loop until inkey$=chr$(27)

Silent-Death
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2004, 05:52:58 PM »

Code:

SCREEN 13

x = 50
y = 20
PSET (x, y), 2
SLEEP 1
CLS
DO
x = x + 5
PSET (x, y)
SLEEP 1
CLS
LOOP UNTIL INKEY$ = CHR$(27)

That makes the dot go across the screen. I just moved the DO below the CLS command.

BTW If you have Qbasic Programing Questions please post them in the Programming help forum or Newbie Help.
R@dioman
Ancient QBer

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2004, 06:03:29 PM »

Liquid snake: Your method probably flickers, am I right? Since you're drawing directly to the screen and using CLS to refresh, it will flicker. Here's a tutorial on double buffering that you can use to achieve flickerless animation:
http://faq.qbasicnews.com/?blast=DoubleBufferingInScreenThirteen

Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2004, 05:56:08 PM »

Thanks.
By the way, I need a little help for the game I'm making.  What would you want to see in a text Evil Dead game?

Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2004, 05:42:05 PM »

So did everybodu just lose interest in this thread? Or was there something I missed?

Silent-Death
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2004, 01:53:53 PM »

Well the thread to be honest was dead before you revived it... if you want to post a new thread when in one of the sections (General,Programing Help, etc...) click new topic.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: