Qbasicnews.com
July 18, 2019, 08:28:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XP & qbasic  (Read 2134 times)
Bluffer
Guru

« on: March 11, 2004, 08:46:24 PM »

I have an old comp with qbasic already on it.
Now I have this computer running windows XP & know of others running XP that would like to have QBASIC4.5 on it.
Now I have heard of an emulator or something of that effect which would allow you to do so. I yet have not heard a thing on how to do this. Telling someone only where to get it dosen't help.  This isn't so much for me as it is to help get a few others to be able to have QBASIC4.5 up & running.

I know this post might sound silly to some but I read over theback post as far as i could & not one good answer to any of this could I find. something on the guidelines of a F&Q would help greatly.
like :1 does it cost ?
        2 where is it  ?
        3 how do I get qb4.5 to run on this ?
etc.. please understand I have no idea myself on this subgect :cry:

unescape.com
Massive online role playing game
Free to play
Lanzaa
Forum Regular

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 09:05:41 PM »

Have you tryed using it yet? My qb4.5 works fine with windows xp.
Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 09:08:10 PM »

I'm the same as Lanzaa.
Just because you hear people saying they have XP troubles with QB, doesn't mean it won't work for you. :wink:
If it works, tell us, and we can tell you some tweaks that will increase performance.

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Pyrodap

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 09:14:35 PM »

http://www.tamedos.com/downloads/downloads.htm

thats all I know about it-that link... never tried it, but supposedly you can use qb45 in XP with that... (according to Neo)
Bluffer
Guru

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 09:23:24 PM »

so you really don't need anything to run qb4.5....
I am sorry I asked but glad to hear the answer I was under the impression that qb4.5 would not work on xp without some modifacation to the system.. Thanks alot  :bounce:  :bounce:

unescape.com
Free to play
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 01:57:22 AM »

Quote from: "Bluffer"
so you really don't need anything to run qb4.5....
I am sorry I asked but glad to hear the answer I was under the impression that qb4.5 would not work on xp without some modifacation to the system.. Thanks alot  :bounce:  :bounce:

if anything, to run some programs, you'll need to enabled xms or ems, but that's about it.  I run qb fine on xp.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Lanzaa
Forum Regular

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 02:35:04 AM »

Quote from: "Pyrodap"
http://www.tamedos.com/downloads/downloads.htm

thats all I know about it-that link... never tried it, but supposedly you can use qb45 in XP with that... (according to Neo)

That program helps. A lot. It makes it so your computer doesn't give all the memory to qb. It helps if you read tutorials off the net and program. Or surf.
wackowolf

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 10:39:23 PM »

I have QB1.1, QB4.5, and QB7.1 I am running XP Pro. Haven't had any problems yet. Just because some say there is a proble doesn't mean you will have the same problem as they do. Alot of time its the user and not the OS.

oseph L. Gelsomino
Bluffer
Guru

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 06:34:38 PM »

What really gets me worried about it is I got dev c++ on this computer . I got xp & ever time I try to compile anything or run anything it gives off a message saying lib not found.
I am assuming that means library & I dont understand dose it not come with the program ?
I am just now tring to learn libraries in qb. & I don't mean source either I mean getting them to run blow the computer up or do anything... :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
I hate libraries

unescape.com
Free to play
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: