Qbasicnews.com
October 18, 2019, 11:28:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to Microsoft  (Read 28479 times)
DrV
Na_th_an

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2005, 01:43:36 PM »

Quote from: "na_th_an"
NO NO! I want to use a perforette in some cards for the IBM 360!

Hey, the 360 had 32 general purpose registers...  hrm... asm sounds like fun!  :barf:
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2005, 12:07:58 AM »

Wait.. wait WAIT!... you're telling me.. that FB isnt developed on ENIAC using cards? WTF!

What peice of junk is this.. "FB"..!
ShadowWolf
Wandering Guru

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2005, 06:32:10 AM »

an interpreter isn't really need though a good Debuger and a  good ide all that need and it looks pretty much the same to the user write program compile if there a problem compiler spits out error then you go fix it.  

all the interputer was good for was steping though code and you can do somthing simler with a debuger.  

anyways if somone wanted a interputer some could writte one for it the compiler does have a intermedia lang right so you could interputed that but i have no clue how you would handle DLL/LIB calls though.
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2005, 11:11:03 AM »

Yeah, its intermediate language is called "assembly" Wink

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2005, 12:32:01 PM »

I don't know about Von's IDE...I'm kind of shaking in my seat for Neks...from the screens he's shown me and what I hear, it's going to be drooltastic.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
MystikShadows
Ancient Guru

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2005, 10:06:12 AM »

Quote from: "Sterling Christensen"
Yeah, but what's in it for Microsoft?

Well, here's what I'm thinking....First off, that source code for QBasic 1.1 which was "leaked out" is strategy for the other DOSes out there to be tempted to use it, incorporate it into their OS projects and then poof, along comes M$ and sticks a stick in the wheel.

2. In a way they could definitaly want to see theyr code out there for the sake of mere recognition if not anything else.  But Point number 1 here might give them a 2nd reason to do so ;-).

I think that for the same 2 reasons, any MS compiler should be released even in public domain (especially with the now bigger influence of OpenSource software, would give then incentive to let it go)

hen they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me ;-).

need hosting:  http://www.jc-hosting.net
All about ASCII: http://www.ascii-world.com
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2005, 11:01:24 AM »

Quote from: "Sterling Christensen"
Hey, come on guys. I don't know about you, but newbie-friendliness is how I became a part of the QB community.

The QB community was something wonderful and unique in many ways. I'd like to see hundreds of amateur FreeBASIC sites hosting tons of programs and tutorials, with 2 to 5 major FreeBASIC sites (both the quality-over-quantity and quantity-over-quality kinds), with active forums, eZines, competitions, etc. A new incomplete yet promising RPG every few months. Ah the good old days!

And while some people may find them annoying, I for one enjoy answering newbie's questions every now and then.

I think there's something to be said for "hold-your-hand coding" if it helps nurture a community, as long as there aren't any real compromises to speed/power/flexibility. The more VonGidric's IDE matures, and the sooner adosorken's GUI Compiler is released and some documentation/tutorials are finished, the better.

Oh no!  I joined because people flamed me on every post i made, I was scoffed at and constantly accused of spamming up the forums!

Jumping Jahoolipers!
MNDRBNDR

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

i'll also sign. i think it's a good idea to give the public access to the old languages, i also support it of being free, also maybe suggest a way of making it work on all platforms ie(under xp)

o live is to die, to die is to expel, to expel is to exist is to live without knowing to be
whitetiger0990
__/--\__

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2005, 08:30:49 PM »

Go ahead and sign it. It's dead, it was made march 2004 =P

[size=10]Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.[/size]
Nathan1993

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2005, 08:42:15 PM »

Wow... 367 people? WELL! I am #367 :rotfl:

f a fly walked, would it be called a walk?
Why dosn't someone make a word that rymes with purple or orange?
WHY AM I SO ANNOYING? Becuase I wanna!
Why am I typeing this? Cuz im bored!
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2005, 07:20:38 AM »

An idea I had a long time ago, what was no good.  It's 10 months now, and not even 500 people...the response I got when I decided to do this was overwhelming...and with a few thousand people who use the language and interpreter on solely this forum, I thought the chances were good.  Once I hit thousand, I was going to submit it.

Didn't work.

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
RayBritton

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2005, 09:52:52 AM »

^Above^

I'll sign, thats an excellent idea
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2005, 10:19:53 AM »

This was a nice idea 10 months ago. Taking 10 months for 368 people to sign really doesn't mean much.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: