Qbasicnews.com
May 21, 2022, 04:40:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey...  (Read 64449 times)
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2003, 09:29:23 AM »

Rhianon you couldn't have expressed it better.

And ranting about the fascist Sharon and his policy is not anti-semitism. We are not talking about religion nor raze, but about politics. I have nothing against jews as I have nothing against christians nor muslims nor atheists nor whatever.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2003, 12:13:19 PM »

Well, we all have the right to are opinion...but does blowing yourself up with other Israelis in a bus justify anything?

Yehi R'tson sheHashem yavo shalom laOlam. Let it be god's will to bring peace to the world.

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2003, 12:19:38 PM »

Nobody here's supporting suicide bombing.  Look at Nate's earlier comments, that hasnt been suggested.  What he is suggesting, however, is that Israel's done some terrible things in the past as well.  My opinion of Sharon is alone reversed on the 1967 carpet bombings of Jordan when he was a general.  That doesnt mean that Hamas is justified at all.

But this has been beat to death.  C'mon, lets close the topic, flame war or not.  We all have opinions, and yeah, pro-israeli people have a strong standpoint.  They have to be scared everyday because violence happens so much, and Sharon or not, you have to expect the PM to take action.

I always love that word, "anti-semitism", because Arabs are a semitic people as well.  It's like accusing a black guy of being in the klan.  If you want to accuse someone of being racist against Jews, say that.

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2003, 12:25:42 PM »

ALL WAR IS STUPID
'nuff said.

EDIT: It's fun being called anti-Semitic, anti-American, or hateful. It goes to show who the ignorant people are and who the knowledgable skeptics are.

I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2003, 12:26:15 PM »

flame wars, real wars, even star wars.  You make a strong point there Smiley

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2003, 12:28:12 PM »

Quote from: "Zack"
Well, we all have the right to are opinion...but does blowing yourself up with other Israelis in a bus justify anything?

Did I say such a thing? If so, quote me. Redundantly, as I've said, *exactly* quoting my words:

Quote from: "na_th_an"
There are two sides, and none of them is "the good one" nor "the bad one". That's a total lake of objectivism.
 [...]

Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2003, 12:45:39 PM »

I was mistaken, then.
Yes...if the admin won't lock this, let's just stop using it.

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2003, 12:45:42 PM »

Quote from: "toonski84"
flame wars, real wars, even star wars.  You make a strong point there Smiley

I enjoy a good healthy debate, especially when I'm right. Cheesy But when people decide to display ignorance and start throwing insults at me because they are losing, it's pretty pathetic. When you have to turn to insults to try to win a debate, you've already lost.

na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2003, 12:48:50 PM »

I can't understand the claim to lock this topic... We are just talking, arguing and expressing our opinions.

adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2003, 12:50:31 PM »

When people are humbled during a nice spicy debate like this, they always seek the locky locky option to save whatever face they have left before what is left is further ripped and torn. Cheesy

toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2003, 01:31:09 PM »

I call it a pre-emptive strike Smiley  they're popular nowadays Cheesy

TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2003, 02:19:43 PM »

Well IMHO terrorists shouldnt be labeled 'Islamic' or of any other religion...Infact they dont have any religion.

Be it India, Israel or US and now Turkey all of these states are suffering from terrorism in its worst form. Though India and Israel have been suffering for a long time. The world has just woken up to this ugly menace. I hope people all over the world realize what situation these great countries have been put in. Because you wont understand it until you are standing in their shoes. I am calling them great only because they have fought terrorism for a long time and no one heeded their call for help(though Israel is backed by US but still they are pretty much restricted). And now after 9/11 many other attacks people are waking up.

I just hope they are not too late... :cry:
adosorken
*/-\*

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2003, 02:36:42 PM »

Fighting for peace is like f_cking for virginity.

TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2003, 02:53:08 PM »

I have read that line before. At qb45.com?
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2003, 03:22:49 PM »

well said, adosorken
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: