Qbasicnews.com
September 19, 2019, 03:46:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3rd person games  (Read 8197 times)
Agamemnus
x/ \z

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2003, 10:37:19 AM »

Code:

uh, yeah, pretty much all vision recognition comes from the visual cortex. hence the name. I was referring to how it interprets a 2d image.

No...

There are many distinct visual processing areas in the brain...

Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2003, 11:17:30 AM »

well, by "pretty much all" I mean, "pretty much".  The bulk of image recognition comes from the occipital lobe (I should know, I had an abcess there and I couldnt see worth crap the day after surgery).  Now if you want to get into stuff like different parts of the place or eye movement control or pattern recognition or crap like that, that's not what I mean by image recognition.  A person with reading or pattern recognition damage can still see lines on paper.

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2003, 10:42:10 PM »

Occipital. ;*)

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2003, 10:44:07 PM »

Oh, lords of grammer forgive me, I have misspelled the word "occipital".  May the angels of death strike me down from above!  For people shalt read that desecrated error and confuse it with some other word!!  Shame!! Shame on me, for I have sinned!!

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2003, 11:07:21 PM »

*Reads a sutra......

Why am I seeing all white in Smartdark?

Joe's avatar looks "stylish". ;*)

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Diroga
Been there, done that

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2003, 03:04:51 AM »

how about some one just make a wire cube that rotates around. the maybe i could understand some thing simple like that
Nexinarus
Wandering Guru

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2003, 11:48:48 PM »

to convert 3d `space` to 2d `space` you just make things smaller on the 2d `space` (the screen) according to how far away it is. so in 2d you have (x2d, y2d). in 3d you have (x3d, y3d, z3d).

in simplest form:
x2d = x3d / z3d
y2d = y3d / z3d

for more information on 3d in qb i suggest reading through QBCM. I think they talk about 3d in some issues.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: