Qbasicnews.com
May 26, 2020, 06:57:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: darken  (Read 4773 times)
andy

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2003, 04:40:52 AM »

Thanks, I can confirm it, I have QB v1.1. I have v7.1 on my laptop, but that is off for repair. I should get it back soon.
By the way what differences are there between v1.1 and v7.1 in the coding, not the interface.

eminiscing about trapezoids in conjunction with stratospherical parabolas:

No questions asked.

www.stickskate.com
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2003, 07:15:27 AM »

Well, the biggest, most important difference between 1.1 and any other version is that it can't compile .exes.  You see, 1.1 is really cripped shareware of an updated version of 4.5 that they distributed with dos (and consequently windows).  It can also do things like run .qlb libraries (asm extentions to the BASIC language) and execute interrupts from qb.  

7.1 has a few features over 4.5 as well.  You can use arrays in type definitions, and programs can be stored in EMS memory.  There also seems to be some new data types like CURRENCY.  It also has some cleaner code as well.

Microsoft also made a final version of QB, called Visual Basic for Dos.  It generates pretty much the cleanest, fastest code of any of the QBs, though it isnt used much for some reasons.

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2003, 10:13:52 AM »

Quote from: "oracle"

Oracle you are such a bully Wink That doesnt leave him any choice. He has to download Qb 4.5. My link will allow him to choose between qb 4.5 and 7.1.

Andy, I recommend Qb7.1 =)
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2003, 04:33:08 PM »

Like I said, qb45=compatibility+most the features of 7.1. Sterling Christensen is always being caught out using QB7.1 commands and posting them here, where the vast majority of us can't use them.

Besides, he already has 7.1  Tongue

toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2003, 07:13:17 PM »

"can't use them?" - You can install more than one on your computer, silly.

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
seph
Na_th_an

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2003, 08:39:31 PM »

ORRRRRRRRRRR you can do it MY way, which is so much better than theirs Wink

HERE!

Code:
SCREEN 13

paintScreen
'SLEEP

gamePause 1
SLEEP

paintScreen