Qbasicnews.com
April 09, 2020, 07:25:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unrequested printing  (Read 3291 times)
andy

« on: October 17, 2003, 08:43:19 AM »

Occasionally I can get an error message, halfway through running a programme (from windows not a qbasic error). The error says the printer was not responding. when I go on to the printer menu, it says I have about 50 print jobs in the que. (sorry about the speeling). Once this happens once it continues alott untill I next restart the computer. I am not using any lprint commands, and i'm not telling it to print anything, in any other way. Can anyone help me and explain what is going on

eminiscing about trapezoids in conjunction with stratospherical parabolas:

No questions asked.

www.stickskate.com
Plasma
Na_th_an

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 08:55:42 AM »

Are you using Windows 9x? I remember running a few QB programs that used QMIDI, and I forgot to load the TSR. This resulted in the printer going nuts...

Could be something similar, I dunno. (Is this your own program or somebody else's? If it's yours, could you post the source?)
andy

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 11:29:39 AM »

I am using win 95 at the moment but it occures as well in 98 when i was using that.
The source code is my own, but some times it runs with out any problems and sometimes it doesn't. Also it happens in alot of different programmes as well.

No questions asked.

www.stickskate.com
Neo
Na_th_an

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »

Perhaps you're having conflicts with I/O ports, IRQ's or DMA's. E.g. that the program wants to send something to the SB card, but it goes to the printer.
andy

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 09:28:39 AM »

Is there any way to sort that out, bear in mind, that this has occured on two different types of toshiba satelite laptops.

No questions asked.

www.stickskate.com
Plasma
Na_th_an

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 09:39:43 AM »

Post your code?
andy

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 12:52:31 PM »

I have almost finished the code. It is very long, and I don't have an upload site yet. My mate said I can put it on his site(www.stickskate.com), which I will when it is finished. I believe my code is a little too long to analyse to find this problem anyway, and it happens with different codes.

No questions asked.

www.stickskate.com
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 04:29:27 PM »

Well then tell us about ur program. We are not mindreaders you know =P
Neo
Na_th_an

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2003, 07:17:07 AM »

Hey!!! We need a mind-reader!! Oracle... where are you Huh Wink
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 02:58:39 PM »

Quote from: "Neo"

Oracle is an alien Shocked ?
SCM
Wandering Guru

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 05:37:46 PM »

Is it possible that you could be pressing Cntrl + Print Scrn.  If you do that, everytime you PRINT something on the screen it is sent to the printer.  You can toggle it off by pressing Cntrl + Print Scrn again.

hrist Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first.(I Timothy 1:15)

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.(John 3:16)
oracle
*/-\*

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2003, 12:29:15 AM »

Quote from: "Neo"

Here Tongue

Quote from: "TheBigBasicQ"
Oracle is an alien Shocked ?

Thanks a lot...  :roll:

If you say the problem is happening in lots of different programs as well, perhaps it's not just confined to QBasic? Maybe your printer is set up wrong? Try uninstalling it and see what happens, then reinstall it.

And don't worry about the code not being finished, finished or not it's still probably gonna cause problems so post it anyway Smiley

TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2003, 10:31:34 AM »

I reiterate what I said - please show us some code  :-?
andy

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2003, 12:22:47 PM »

OK. I will post the code as soon as possible, I can't do it now because I'm at the libary and I don't have it with me. The same problem is occuring on two different laptops, with two different printers, so it is probably not that. It could be what SCM said, and I will check to see if I have done that.

No questions asked.

www.stickskate.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: