Qbasicnews.com
May 25, 2020, 10:39:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I use SVGA modes?  (Read 2891 times)
x-bit

« on: June 17, 2003, 02:20:25 AM »

I'd like to use sgva modes, but i can't find the svga's libaries.
where can I find that svga's libaries?

thankxs

This my first time that i come here. I very happy.

About me:
I like programming and e-music...
I'm math teacher...
 Cheesy
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 02:39:48 AM »

Well, if you dont want to push the interrupts yourself, you can take the easy route and download a library.  UGL (you'll find it in the news section) is presently the best SVGA library (and one of the best libraries in general).  Future library is another library that can do SVGA, but UGL is faster and better (people will tell you its not compatible, but that's because voodoos are crap).

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
seph
Na_th_an

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 03:51:11 AM »

Yes, use UGL. This is an example of what you can make in UGL...

http://www.sephplanet.com/uglgame.zip

earn.
x-bit

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 04:16:50 AM »

Quote from: "toonski84"
Well, if you dont want to push the interrupts yourself, you can take the easy route and download a library.  UGL (you'll find it in the news section) is presently the best SVGA library (and one of the best libraries in general).  Future library is another library that can do SVGA, but UGL is faster and better (people will tell you its not compatible, but that's because voodoos are crap).

I think that i'll haven't problem, because i have one videocard Nvidia TNT2.

and thank
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 04:32:10 AM »

Nice choice.  TNT2s have some of the best VESA support around.  Unfortunately, though, since I have a voodoo i'm planning on saving money (...to buy a gun and shoot myself for picking that dumb card  Cheesy )

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
x-bit

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 04:32:31 AM »

Quote from: "seph"
Yes, use UGL. This is an example of what you can make in UGL...

http://www.sephplanet.com/uglgame.zip

Sorry, but i can't found that UGL's Libary!

You told me that was in news section, but i can't found it.

The UGL's link is broken.
 thankx
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 04:35:14 AM »

:Huh:   the link works fine for me.  here:
http://dotnet.zext.net/dl.php?filereq=ugl_buildx.xx_bin.zip

x-bit

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 05:31:21 AM »

:Huh:   the link works fine for me.  here:
http://dotnet.zext.net/dl.php?filereq=ugl_buildx.xx_bin.zip

I did can.

I took it. Thanks
Blitz
I hold this place together

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2003, 05:51:15 AM »

Toonski, you can fins a used tnt2 for less then 5$.

oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
x-bit

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2003, 06:00:03 AM »

Quote from: "Blitz"
Toonski, you can fins a used tnt2 for less then 5$.

It's funny, because in here one TNT2 don't for less than US$ 60,00, it's same than it's be old.
Blitz

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2003, 11:03:01 AM »

Hey, you live in brazil. You're the second programmer brazil ever had! v1ctor is the first Smiley
If you don't know english very well and need help using the lib, v1ctor knows portugese.

Blitz

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2003, 11:03:37 AM »

Hmm, you seem to know english well. nm Smiley

na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2003, 03:07:38 PM »

Nice choice.  TNT2s have some of the best VESA support around.  Unfortunately, though, since I have a voodoo i'm planning on saving money (...to buy a gun and shoot myself for picking that dumb card  Cheesy )

Strange. The only problems I had with my Voodoo3 was with UGL in 320x240. 640x480 worked just fine, and all my commenrcial DOS games run flawlessly and really faster than they did with my crappy 4 Megs onboard (my previous load of shit).

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2003, 04:00:47 PM »

Mine could only support 320x200x8 and 640x480x16 when I still had win9x.  Now it doesnt support any VESA at all with XP.

x-bit

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2003, 12:16:24 AM »

Quote from: "Blitz"
Hey, you live in brazil. You're the second programmer brazil ever had! v1ctor is the first Smiley
If you don't know english very well and need help using the lib, v1ctor knows portugese.

That's good!
wheres i can find V1ctor?

You're right, my english is very bad, i'm still in first lessons in the my English and Spanish Course...

I'd be thank for you, if you see him, send my e-mail to him, please.
My e-mail is xluys@uai.com.br

Thanks very much
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: