Qbasicnews.com
January 27, 2022, 02:01:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just noticed, that when I'm coding...  (Read 4651 times)
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2003, 12:45:25 PM »

I comment my code only when I don't know what I am coding exactly, that is, when the algorithm is new to me, or if this is very complex to do it straightforward. It is more like a matter of organizarion. Sometimes I just put a DO and a LOOP and in between I make comments with the different things I have to do for that loop to work, and then I fill in the blankets.

Commenting is a good practice. We all know that people like Ninkazu are more intelligent that we, simple mortals, so they don't need to comment. But I do need. For example, I am working in a project since 1 year ago. Usually I code for 1-2 days and I have delays of months. If I didn't comment, I didn't know what the heck is going in the damned code Tongue

But who cares... I'm a pothead, maybe it is the reason why I comment Tongue

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
SJ Zero
Been there, done that

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2003, 10:59:16 PM »

Quote from: "Fling-master"
I always comment. I mean, why not? And trust me, after you've left a project alone for a few month's you too will forget some of the stuff it does and have to sit there working out the code in your head. Commenting allows you to save some time so do it! Don't be lazy like Ninkazu Tongue

My comments are world renowned for their strangeness, but I think Qbasic code is basically self-documenting. Unlike C, where you can have like a hundred abstract symbols in a row, QB is basically english, so as long as you understand the concepts in use(which is easy with modular, well written code)...
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2003, 02:36:54 AM »

I comment most of my obscure code. I wouldn't be able to make sense of FJ's code Had I not commented it. :*)

More so with RelLib. ;*)

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
aardvark

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2003, 05:31:08 AM »

Ah,  potheads :roll: . You people amuse me Wink
PS. Is "2050" a title you get with 15 posts or something? 'cause I just got it.

In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams."   -- "Dilbert"
Lachie Dazdarian
I hold this place together

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2003, 11:01:04 AM »

I used to comment. Then I realized it's a drag and gave up on that.

I kinda rush a lot when coding. You know, I want to see right away how the stuff I've just coded works and right after testing one thing I start coding another thing. All that creates small devious bugs which are hard to notice. I would probably notice them if I coded with more care.

I like to declare long discriptive SUB names like InitiateExplosion. Maybe that's not such a long name for a sub.Lemme see... Ah yes, Engine.ProjectileCollision.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: