Qbasicnews.com
January 22, 2022, 11:06:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have we had an SNK vs. Capcom sprite face-off yet? (images)  (Read 10457 times)
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2003, 12:38:49 PM »

yes, some are reused from KOF.  But they are all modified in some way.  To be honest, it really doesnt matter to me Smiley.  I'm just a graphics nut, I havent seen a Neo-geo machine since I was in grade school playing Samarai Showdown.  But I'm in love with the graphics style they use.

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2003, 04:34:54 PM »

Oh yeah, look at Guile's hair BTW...
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2003, 04:59:12 PM »

Dont blame SNK, blame Capcom and their overexaggerated crew cut in Street Fighter 2 (and the early 90s for making crew cuts and flat tops popular).

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2003, 10:58:01 PM »

I think that's far more ridiculous Charlie's haircut. And to mix bare-hand fighters with samurais is a -very- bad idea (I said that when they announced Haoh for CvsS2, and now... Genjuro?? C'moooon!)

On a positive side... TABASA?!?!?  Niiiiiiice! Really nice! I'll surely miss the costume changes, though...

img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2003, 10:59:37 PM »

If they have hidden characters, I'd better see a Megaman...
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2003, 11:28:22 PM »

To throw fireballs by simply smashing the HP button? No, thanks.

Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2003, 11:32:21 PM »

What're you talkin' bout Hex? He deserves it...
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2003, 12:44:46 AM »

Haven't you played Marvel vs Capcom? Cheesy too many combos just by pressing two buttons.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2003, 01:23:20 AM »

I know what he's talking about. I play MVC all the time... as I said... he deserves it... Cheesy
rezo

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2003, 01:49:43 AM »

Word from the location tests on the game is that the SNK sprites have been updated. Obviously they'll look similar to some older ones, but updated still, as toonski mentioned is common for KOF games.

Although the official site still only shows 24 characters, there are +30 in it. I'll recite what I can from memory

variation characters:

Orochi Iori
Evil Ken
Shin Mr. Karate
Shin Gouki

characters not on main site:

Geese
Dan(apparently everyone mistakes him for Robert Garcia, heh)
Dmitri
Goenitz( !! )

Maybe more, my memory is spotty, and I swear of all the sites I've seen none of them have bothered to make a : "here are all of the characters" list.

The game is on a modified Neo Geo cart which allows for more special effects and such. It will go on sale for $1800 and because of the modification to the cart, will not be readily emulatable. Some lucky bastards at the gaming site I go to are in japan and have been playing it. Stupid lucky bastards. But word so far is that its good, and there are pretty videos too!

I'm very happy about this game coming out. The character selection on the SNK side if quite nice. The Capcom side. . .not so much, but I would never use them anyways.

NEVER GIVE UP FOREVER!!!
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2003, 01:50:22 AM »

Cheap characters for cheap people. Anyways, I think I can live with these kind of charas. But what really annoys me about *that* version of Megaman is his friggin' voice. That noisy and annoying lil' brat...  :x

Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2003, 01:55:47 AM »

Quote from: "Hexadecimal Disaster"
Cheap characters for cheap people.

Oh... my...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: