Qbasicnews.com
December 16, 2019, 09:52:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion on war?  (Read 21445 times)
wizardlife
Na_th_an

« on: March 18, 2003, 08:01:29 PM »

How does everyone feel? I've heard enough of 'Bush is a retard' at school, and I'm just curious what everyone's opinion is...

na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 08:08:25 PM »

Bush is a retard. Was is uncalled for. My president, Mr. Aznar, who is supporting bush, is a stupid a ss-sucker. Almost 90% of spanish people are against war, but he and his government look deaf. Mr Aznar just follows Bush 'cause Bush has promised nice stuff after the war.

Bush only wants petrol. And he's gonna kill a lot of men, women and children for it. Sadam is just an excuse.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
pr0gger
I hold this place together

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 09:25:53 PM »

I don't think we need this war.  I mean sure, Saddam Hussein is a bad apple, but there are better ways of dealing with that, such as containment.  And frankly, I think that Saddam is just an excuse anyway.

Plus, he's COMPLETLY ignoring N. Korea, which has an active nuclear weapons program and has been testing their missles.

size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 10:13:38 PM »

I know, North Korea's the only one of the bunch with an actual bomb.  

This war is a distraction from the continually crapificating economy.  It also serves as an excuse for deficit spending and tapping into alaska.  

Saddam's an evil man, guilty of war crimes to boot, but this war has nothing to do with that.  we dont need it.  we dont need the propaganda or the war rhetoric.  in 1998 we destroyed 90% of their missile factories in the largest military strike against iraq since 1998.   The only time Iraq came close to building an actual nuclear (not nucular) bomb was in 1985 and israel bombed the living bejesus out of it, so far into oblivion (in israel's ever so subtle style) they've never come close or tried since.  All they have are some vats of anthrax which isnt exactly hard to find and less effective than other poisenous substances which can be put in a water supply.

I have nothing against bush or republicans, if the current administration did warp politics, law, environment and people's lives to suit their needs.  Any and all sincere speech in the past year has been a joke.

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
pr0gger

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2003, 10:24:33 PM »

lol... crapificating.... what a word...

size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
Lachie Dazdarian

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 07:57:38 AM »

I'm a fatalist.What will be,it will be.I know this is kinda supporting the Bush,but heck,nobody can't stop him.
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2003, 09:03:43 AM »

I used to think Bush was an idiot(a retard), but that was because I, myself, didn't know much about him. He isn't stupid/retarded, people who call him stupid do not know enough about him.

I don't think war is ever good, its never has been. But the world/society that we live in has become too soft; that is bad. I'm very glad to see leaders(Bush/Blair/etc) taking a tough stance, it shows that they are excellent leaders that they are willing to take unpopular decisions and stances. It is a bad leader who only takes popular choices. I don't want to see a war, but to just threaten Saddam and not stop him(he's been not dealt 100% for over a decade). Saddam needs to be removed, you don't need to know much to know that; and you need to know even less to know that he will only be removed by force.
pr0gger

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 01:28:13 PM »

wildcard, you make an interesting point... neither of them have shown any signs of backing down, and he did do quite well handling sept 11, columbia, etc... but he seems to be ignoring everything else.

wizardlife
Na_th_an

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2003, 03:04:56 PM »

Quote from: "wildcard"
I used to think Bush was an idiot(a retard), but that was because I, myself, didn't know much about him. He isn't stupid/retarded, people who call him stupid do not know enough about him.

I don't think war is ever good, its never has been. But the world/society that we live in has become too soft; that is bad. I'm very glad to see leaders(Bush/Blair/etc) taking a tough stance, it shows that they are excellent leaders that they are willing to take unpopular decisions and stances. It is a bad leader who only takes popular choices. I don't want to see a war, but to just threaten Saddam and not stop him(he's been not dealt 100% for over a decade). Saddam needs to be removed, you don't need to know much to know that; and you need to know even less to know that he will only be removed by force.

Agree. Peace isn't always the only option.

na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2003, 03:28:26 PM »

Quote from: "wizardlife"
Agree. Peace isn't always the only option.

Yeah, when you are quiet and calm in your home while people is dying 5000 miles away, peace isn't the only option.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
red_Marvin
Na_th_an

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2003, 05:16:06 PM »

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR PERIOD

I like violent games, but war NO.

edit: 21.21 WE19 03 03 heard on news USA has atacked

/post]
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2003, 08:07:37 PM »

Quote from: "na_th_an"

Yeah, when you are quiet and calm in your home while people is dying 5000 miles away, peace isn't the only option.

Yes it is very easy to comment about things far away. It is also easier to see things as all rosey and nice. Most of the world have very little information about the situation, I'd venture to say that most of us here are unqualified to give an opionion. One of top producing nations of refugees in the world is Iraq, and that is without a war. Saddam has declared war on his own people and family for far too long, he has killed his own family/relatives to stay in power.

I was part of Amnesty International, so I did learn a lot about many countries; I live in South Africa for the first 18 years of my life. I have seen and heard of many atrocities. There is no nice way of this mess; if there was a peaceful solution to the problem it would have been found.. but after a decade surely people realise he isn't going to suddenly leave or start being nice.
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2003, 08:08:56 PM »

negatory.  that's just some jackass spreading rumors.  usa is going on an airstrike tonight.

edit:  
on the topic of people dying, consider this:  while only 300 americans died in the gulf war, 300,000 iraqis were killed, and that's a conservative count.  Saddam's done some sick things, but i doubt very many of those iraqis deserved to die.  yeah, they're in the military, but do you think they want to be there or kill other people?

and on the same topic, cuba has killed thousands on live national television, right after the bay of pigs, and fidel's sat on his throne much longer than saddam, has.  hundreds of p.o.w.s have been gassed in chambers in afganistan by the new "liberated" government.  arial sharon has killed an estimated 20,000 non-military people in jorden and palestein in the 40 or so years he's had power, and he's our ally.  and communist china has killed millions of its own people.  these are only the a few of the people around the world we dont touch even though they have such things on their record.  so if we want to say we're attacking saddam because he's a ruthless dictator we'd have to acknowledge all the other horrible things that go on in the world.

the sad, sad truth is, we just dont care.  out of sight, out of mind.  the reason the united states is attacking saddam is political, and political alone.

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2003, 08:21:49 PM »

Quote from: "toonski84"
negatory.  that's just some jackass spreading rumors.  usa is going on an airstrike tonight.

Not only but theres always been "something" for years now. They have been protecting the no fly zone for years..
Jocke The Beast

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2003, 09:00:44 PM »

We had this discussion before and I think it's a interesting and useful discussion.

I still support a war against Iraq.

I  think that a war against Iraq is the "only thing to do" and I still support USA,England and their coalition in this issue.
Sometimes it's un-avoidable to use "tough actions", in order to keep the world "safe".  I know we all have different views on this subject but in my opinion war isn't always a "evil" action.

Of course I hope that this war (which seems to start this night) will go quick and I hope that the number of casualties will be low.

Ps. I listened to President Bush "speach" (47 hours ago) and I must say I liked some of the things he said.

[size=10]"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."[/size]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: