Qbasicnews.com
January 27, 2022, 01:51:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A QB like lang for windows?  (Read 12205 times)
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2003, 01:12:52 PM »

well, so far i've yet to see one faster than purebasic.  i'd still like to do the test with visual basic, though, as i have no gauge on its ability.  and powerbasic still has no free demo, and i dont have 200 bucks to throw away, though they claim its the greatest thing since sliced bread.  which i will also be testing *makes sandwich*

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Antoni Gual
Na_th_an

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2003, 01:53:54 PM »

Toonski: If you want I can test PowerBasic 3.5 (last DOS version) for you. Just send me your benchmark.

Antoni
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2003, 02:12:27 PM »

well, i was referring to powerbasic for windows.  does a demo exist for that?  i already know powerbasic for dos is very fast...

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Dav
Administrator
Ancient Guru

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2003, 03:39:10 PM »

I don't know of a demo for the newest PB compiler for windows, but i've seen some speed tests and it looks like PB compilers are the fastest around.

(Yikes, I didn't know ibasic was *that* slow.  Wow.)  

I was wondering, Have you looked at RealBASIC for windows?  (Mac users will know about it)  The guy that made RapidQ is one of its programmers. (they're the company that bought him out).  I grabbed a beta version late last year, but haven't really had time to do much with it yet.  I also got wxbasic off of sourceforge but still have not installed it yet.  (I'm wasting too much time working on a new 9 liner for the challange thread Smiley)

- Dav

relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2003, 04:07:21 AM »

Quote from: "Dav"
I don't know of a demo for the newest PB compiler for windows, but i've seen some speed tests and it looks like PB compilers are the fastest around.

(Yikes, I didn't know ibasic was *that* slow.  Wow.)  

I was wondering, Have you looked at RealBASIC for windows?  (Mac users will know about it)  The guy that made RapidQ is one of its programmers. (they're the company that bought him out).  I grabbed a beta version late last year, but haven't really had time to do much with it yet.  I also got wxbasic off of sourceforge but still have not installed it yet.  (I'm wasting too much time working on a new 9 liner for the challange thread Smiley)

- Dav

LOL

:*)

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: