Qbasicnews.com
December 02, 2021, 12:13:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My first RPG sprite  (Read 2979 times)
ak00ma
Ancient Guru

« on: January 28, 2003, 09:13:02 AM »

That's my first RPG sprite. I know that it's not very nice, but could you tell me what you think about it and give some advice.

B 4 EVER
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 11:50:17 AM »

Oh, it is very nice, I like it. If you want an advice, get rid of that black outline. Don't use black but a darker shade of the zone you are outlining, adding some "outline shading" to make things a little bit more anti-aliased. I think I saw a tut about how to do that.

I usually use that black outline only to take the sprite appart from the background, that is, I only use it in the limits of my sprites. Inside it, I use coloured outlines, often with shading.

This is a sprite I created a bit ago for the scripted adventure game interpreter I was writing:

Note how I use different colour for the inner outlines and black for the outer outlines. This is 'cause I was using dark backgrounds.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: