Qbasicnews.com
August 22, 2019, 10:21:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Does this sound like a cool idea ?  (Voting closed: December 30, 2002, 11:10:39 PM)
Yes - 3 (50%)
Doesn't matter - 3 (50%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 7733 times)
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

-
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2003, 10:05:01 PM »

Maybe SPAM was a very wrong word for it. But when I saw the general section. I posted a "look at this, it's funny" in there, and I was accused of spamming, and I just didn't get it. I mean, it's a general section, isn't off-topic stuff supposed to go here?
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

-
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2003, 01:29:14 PM »

Quote from: "Megaman"
Maybe SPAM was a very wrong word for it. But when I saw the general section. I posted a "look at this, it's funny" in there, and I was accused of spamming, and I just didn't get it. I mean, it's a general section, isn't off-topic stuff supposed to go here?

The point of the general forum is for people to post things they others here might find useful/etc not just to "spam" anything that is remotely amusing.
na_th_an
*/-\*

-
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2003, 04:19:55 PM »

Agreed. General doesn't mean "silly". There are offtopic forums where you can post all those joke sites you find in the internet and strange polls like "Should I dye my hair?" Wink. I say, I don't care if you post such unuseful things, but please don't ask for a section full of that! You can find tons of internet communities where you can post and find such kind of spam.

The point of being selective when posting to this forum is that it is a big forum with lots of activity and the posts take actual space. And if we post more and more unuseful spam, the forum will be getting huge sizes just for nothing.

That's my point Smiley

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

-
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2003, 09:19:50 PM »

Oh, OK.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print