Qbasicnews.com
December 10, 2018, 09:42:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I include Qbasic Cameos?  (Voting closed: January 12, 2003, 10:37:44 PM)
Yes - 9 (100%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Cobra  (Read 71702 times)
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2002, 01:48:35 AM »

Thanks Nathan, I'll post screens as soon as wildcard gives me the URL. I've already sent the pics to him.
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2002, 12:54:49 PM »

The Screenshots are only of one stage,  and they do seem sort of lame, and the characters are in the same place in all of them, but I guarantee the game is better. Somethings the screenhots can't tell is that it does scroll sideways, and when I take another one, it will be a different stage.

Piptol
Ancient QBer

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2002, 05:38:47 PM »

Quote from: "Hexadecimal Disaster"

Yep. That must be a fake.  :evil:  (BTW, note the real-time image on the scoreboard of the stadium)

It's not that I thought it was a fake Hex, I  just didn't realise you'd ripped the graphics out of other games. That's fine as long as you make that clear. To be honest, I don't care so long as it plays well. Good luck with it.

In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2002, 06:38:28 PM »

I -always- said that the whole BB saga is based on ripped-but-at-least-edited-with-some-personality-sprites. Currently (and the game still looks somewhat bad, IMHO) the engine uses about 160+ sprites of 70x70 (average) per character, including victory poses and the such... and you expect 100% original characters? Naaaaaaah. Tongue

BTW, nice screenies PJ. I presume that since your game allows high-jumps it also have a good "air combo/aerial rave" system, isn't it?  :-?

img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2002, 07:56:09 PM »

. Currently (and the game still looks somewhat bad, IMHO) the engine uses about 160+ sprites of 70x70 (average) per character, including victory poses and the such... and you expect 100% original characters? Naaaaaaah. Tongue

Well just think, if you started now doing the graphics your grand kids could atleast play it ;-) And you could write the whole game in pure qb, based on the rate of speed of processes in 202020 which the game would be released ;-)

Will BB2 ever see the light of day? ;-) Just/kidding(joeking?)
Piptol
Ancient QBer

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2002, 09:07:58 PM »

I -always- said that the whole BB saga is based on ripped-but-at-least-edited-with-some-personality-sprites. Currently (and the game still looks somewhat bad, IMHO) the engine uses about 160+ sprites of 70x70 (average) per character, including victory poses and the such... and you expect 100% original characters? Naaaaaaah. Tongue

OK Smiley

Where can I get the first game? I'd really like to see it.

Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2002, 09:24:25 PM »

BTW, nice screenies PJ. I presume that since your game allows high-jumps it also have a good "air combo/aerial rave" system, isn't it?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, maybe.
[/quote]
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2002, 09:25:57 PM »

Megaman: Your screenshots simply ROCK!!! I love that style in GFX. Go ahead!!!

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2002, 11:00:57 PM »

I honestly don't see how you can even tell what's going on with those pics. However I only have myself to blame, I'm a horrible photographer.
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2002, 08:45:54 AM »

hehehe.

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
relsoft
*/-\*

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2002, 03:32:16 AM »

Hex: I told ya, release or be bugged!!!! BTW,  don't you think Iori Yagami with Genso's head look amazing in BB2/3?

Note: No IORI no Reverse GET routine......

Arrrrrrgh@@@@@!!!!! I have to dance he Asereje tomorrow for our Christmas party at the office.... F&*CK!!!!!

y smiley is 24 bit.

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Piptol
Ancient QBer

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2002, 03:59:54 PM »

Quote from: "relsoft"
Hex: I told ya, release or be bugged!!!! BTW,  don't you think Iori Yagami with Genso's head look amazing in BB2/3?

Note: No IORI no Reverse GET routine......

Well if he doesn't want pesters he shouldn't release pictures Tongue

Arrrrrrgh@@@@@!!!!! I have to dance he Asereje tomorrow for our Christmas party at the office.... F&*CK!!!!!

Damn, I hate that song. I spent the summer in Spain and it seemed to be the only song they had there (that and Ave Maria :barf: )

toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2002, 07:50:06 PM »

is that the 'next macerana' thing?  i havent even heard it and i hate it.

so lemme recap:  we got bastard battle, the kof clone which is/isnt in qb?  cobra battle, which are the simpler bright colored screenshots, and qb battle arena which is vance's fighting game?  any others?

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2002, 10:54:27 PM »

Cobra, not Cobra Battle, thank you very much! Cool
You left out QBDBZ.
LooseCaboose
I hold this place together

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2002, 12:02:06 AM »

You left out QBDBZ.

Dont worry, nobody pays attention to me anyways. Guys? Guys......? :cry:

esus saves.... Passes to Moses, shoots, he scores!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: